Need help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by russr, Jul 3, 2001.

1. russr

russr New Member

I need some expert help on a problem I have with a creditor on my credit report. I had this charge-off on my report in 1994 (see below), and in 3-2001 they re-aged it 7 more years and changed the date of the charge-off to reflect 3-2001 instead of 4-1994. I disputed this twice with the CRA (Experian) and both times it came back verified even showing them copies of the old report (showing the charge-off dates os 4-1994 and 3-2001 (new)). This was never sold to a collection agency, this has always been the original creditor. One report says it was supposed to fall off in 5-2001 and now its saying 3-2008. I just sent another letter to Experian but they sent me back a reply saying they already verified this debt. I sent a demand letter to the credit requesting : copy of signed contract, proof of my debt, date of charge-off, date of last activity from me.

What can I do if the original creditor does not respond with my request? Any help would be appreciated!!!!

Original Credit Item:
    VERIZON WIRELESS
    Ohio

Paid/Account charged off.

Status Details:
    This account is scheduled to continue on record until 5-2001.

Date Opened:
    08/1993
    Type:
    Revolving

Reported Since:
    08/1993
    Terms:
    1 Months

Date of Status:
    08/1993
    Monthly Payment:
    $0

Last Reported:
    04/1994
    Responsibility:
    Individual

New (aged) credit item:
    VERIZON WIRELESS
    Ohio

Paid/Account charged off.

Status Details:
    This account is scheduled to continue on record until 3-2008.

Date Opened:
    08/1993
    Type:
    Revolving

Reported Since:
    03/2001
    Terms:
    1 Months

Date of Status:
    03/2001
    Monthly Payment:
    $0

Last Reported:
    03/2001
    Responsibility:
    Individual

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

bump

3. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Well, I have a similar situation. Only difference is, collection agency bought old debt (4/94) & reaged it. Then lied to CRA about dates of activity. I've sent them a letter informing them that they're violating the fair credit reporting act, I owe them no money, remove it from CR's, etc. I gave them 30 days. They sent me a 'we're looking into it' letter. I ignored that (stall tactic) & just sent them a 5-day letter of intent to sue. I haven't heard from them, and will be visiting the courthouse on Thursday or Friday.

I'm not going to give you legal advice, but your situation sounds strong for a suit. Maybe contact a lawyer?

4. russr

russr New Member

bump

5. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Bump? Say what Beeze?