Need help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shelly, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Shelly

Shelly Guest

Hi Everyone,

I've never had to deal with the credit bureaus to try and remove information, so I need help.

I went to NOT worthknowing and it's showing THREE mortgages!

I have ONE mortgage for $81,000 (estimate)

What I believe happened is this:

Our mortgage company changed our account numbers last fall.. so on this report I have two shown as open with almost the same balance and one shown as 'closed' with a similiar account number.

How do I get the double listing off? Do I call my mortgage company or what?

Also.. why is my natural gas company reporting to the bureaus?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Before you panic. I suggest you get your "real" Trans Union report. Worthknowing.com is not reliable, their report compared to my real report is quite different, they had soo many accounts opened that were closed and vice versa. I would get your real report first just to make sure, then if it it showing 3 mortgages, dispute them.

Some utility companies do report, but most only report when you are late.

3. Shelly

Shelly Guest

I also have this question.. we had a bankruptcy and the Not worthknowing report has 'delinquent' accounts listed that were in our bankruptcy.. so, shouldn't they be listed as closed? (part are and part aren't)

I have requested a Trans Union report.. but that will take a week!

4. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Discharged debts should be listed as included in BK, but that doesn't mean your former creditors will do so without a little pressure. Heck, creditors will even verify the incorrect listing if you dispute with the CRAs.

So request a copy of your Equifax and Experian reports, too, because you just might need to start the credit repair process. Also, you will probably want a copy of your BK filing and your discharge letter. You might need to send this info to the creditors (not the credit bureaus) if they prove to be difficult.

5. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

Well, maybe contacting the creditor to get the mis-information removed or changed will help and maybe it won't. Might stay there no matter what the creditor does or does not do. Credit bureaus goof up constantly, so one never knows.

It's just better to get the ones you don't want taken off. It's pretty easy to do, and it don't make any difference if the reports are true or not. I do it all the time.

If they don't take it off, I sue them and get a little bit richer. That's easy to do too.

Bill Bauer
    bbauer1@netzero.net
    http://creditwrench.hypermart.net/index.html