Need info on Wells Fargo onlin

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rick, Aug 28, 2000.

1. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I just filled an aplication from Wells Fargo out online. (Credit card). It told me that it was unable to grant the card and that they need more information. I would hear from them within 14 days or so. I gave them all the iformation they needed online. SS# name address etc. Has anyone encountered this from them and actually got the card after hearing from them at a later date ?

2. me

me Well-Known Member

RE: Need info on Wells Fargo o

Yes, I did, and received their platinum card.

3. FISH

FISH Guest

They are very picky in granting a card. If you are declined you can always get a secured from them, but after 4 years of excellent pay record with them, they refused to go unsecured with the card so I cancelled the card as I have several others with better limits and APR

4. CardReport

CardReport Guest

Did they call you on the phone? What extra information did they ask for?

--
    CardReport.Com - Credit Tools, News, And Reference

http://www.cardreport.com/

5. CardReport

CardReport Guest

Did they call you on the phone? What extra information did they ask for?

--
    CardReport.Com - Credit Tools, News, And Reference

http://www.cardreport.com/

6. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I talked to them on the phone because I had been recording the webpage with a program and about ten minutes later i noticed that i had a error and they asked me to resubmit the application. The man that helped me checked and said they did recieve my app and they would be contacting me by mail. Thats about all he said. He couldn't say If I would or would not be approved. I don't have the best credit but I do have some. Claimed bankrupcy in 94. I just recieved a card from Aria with a 1000.00 limit yesterday when I called to verify my information with them. I do though have a car loan from Northwest Financial which has merged with Wells Fargo. Whether that will help or not I do not know.

7. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

When I applied back in July, I got a message that said they would have to review my application (or something like that), but it didn't specifically say I was declined or approved. I waited about three days, then called the 800# - they told me I had been approved for the Platinum card and what my limit and APR was. It took 12 days to receive my card.

8. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I have a Platinum Mastercard from Wells Fargo, and it's by far my favorite. Still, I went through pure hell to get them to approve me, even though I had excellent credit, and I had banked with them for years. I paid off my mortgage and a car loan with them early. Even so, they were determined they were not going to approve me, and I was just as determined that they were.

I called them almost daily demanding a legitimate reason from them for declining my application. They couldn't seem to come up with anything. I warted the hell out of them until they finally approved me. They apparently didn't find me to be too big a credit risk because they started me off with a $10,000 credit limit.

Whatever the case, it was the toughest card for me to get--even more difficult than American Express. I have found that they have excellent customer service when it comes to their Mastercard accounts. The rest of the operations just SUCK!

What pisses me off most about Wells Fargo is that they have far too many pubescent officers who are too arrogant for their own good. I've wanted to knock the hell out of quite a few of them in some of the Houston branches because of their smartass mouths. Also, their interest rates on most of their banking accounts are laughable. They really don't seem to want to have anything to do with you unless you have MEGABUCKS to deposit, and they make that quite clear to you.

9. me

me Well-Known Member

RE: Doris

Doris - What is your apr on your account? Is your limit still 10k, or did they increase it? Do you know how high they go?

I like the card, but my introductory apr of 5.9 is running out soon - then it goes to about 17%.

10. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: Doris

My current APR is 8.9, and my limit is now $25,000. I think that's as high as it goes. Their APRs can be negotiable. Get on the phone and haggle. They'll work with you.

I bugged the hell out of them to get them to lower it from 13.9%. My Mastercard from my credit union has an APR of 8.8%. I explained this to them, and I let them know that I was thinking about cancelling my Wells Fargo card and requesting a credit increase on my credit union card.

By the way, if you can qualify to join a credit union, you'll normally find great credit card rates and more relaxed credit requirements.