Need input on sending 2nd letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by holis, Aug 11, 2003.

1. holis

holis Well-Known Member

I sent validation letter #1 to CA and received this back from them

"In response to your letter, you have not provided adequate information or specific details of your dispute. OUr findings indicate that the debt is still owed. Based on this information, your immediate response to settle this balance will be appreciated. Please call our office at (xxx)xxx-xxxx. This notice has been sent by a collection agency. This is an attempt to collect a debt, and any information obtained will be used for that purpose."

looking at Validation letter #2 it doesnt seem to apply to this situation.

Could I get some guidance as to what is my next step- or what can be changed in letter #2 to go along with the CRA's response.
    TIA

2. holis

holis Well-Known Member

<bump>

Trying to respond today to this :)

Thanks for the assistance.

3. Phreedom

Phreedom Well-Known Member

You need a "not adequate" letter. I've seen one, let me try to find the link

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I sent validation letter #1 to CA and received this back from them

1*"In response to your letter, you have not provided adequate information or specific details of your dispute. 2*Our findings indicate that the debt is still owed.
    3*Based on this information, your immediate response to settle this balance will be appreciated.
    Please call our office at (xxx)xxx-xxxx. This notice has been sent by a collection agency.
    4**This is an attempt to collect a debt, and any information obtained will be used for that purpose."
    5**looking at Validation letter #2 it doesn't seem to apply to this situation.
    6*Could I get some guidance as to what is my next step-
    7*what can be changed in letter #2 to go along with the CRA's response.
    holis
    ============
    1*FDCPA don't require you to do this.
    2*So why didn't they send it especially when that is what you asked for??????????
    3*#1000 violation for trying to collect without validating.
    4* Written Proof of the violation, what more could you ask for/
    5*That why you don't use it.
    6*Estoppel letter.
    7*Nothing because you don't want to use it. Also you don't have to change as it's the CA that must change to comply with your validation demand.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

5. holis

holis Well-Known Member

thank you for your assistance :)

Followup, should i wait the 30 days before i send the next letter ?

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Need input on sending 2nd letter

y e s