Need some advice, please!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Jul 9, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with a rep from TU/MA and she told me that the company verified that account was right yet did not verify the name and the sociial security number, she is reverifying the item, but the 30 days has gone and past, that is the main reason I had them reinvestigate the item.

Should I call back and demand immediate removal, I think this item is really hurting my score because it was supposedly charged off in 1999.

I even called the company myself and they had no information on me either.

Thanks!

Cyprigirl:)

2. Cyprigirl

Doesn't anyone have an idea of what I should do?

Thanks, Cyprigirl:)

3. zcraws33

zcraws33 Well-Known Member

I would call back and request a supervisor, yes I would demand removal.

I would tell the supervisor that just because the reinvestigation was done improperly, you are being penalized by having this erroneous, inaccurate account on your file longer (by having to wait for it to be reinvestigated AGAIN), which is causing a decline in your score. I would tell them it is not my fault that the reinvestigation was not done properly the 1st time and because of the sloppy job you ar being penalized. I would reiterate the fact that you called the "creditor" yourself and they had no records. Reiterate the fact that you have done all that you could.. doesnt hurt to try...

hope this helps

4. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Cyprigirl,

Get the name of the person you spoke to when you contacted the creditor and give the TU/MA supervisor that info.

Manny

5. Cyprigirl

Thanks guys,

I will follow both suggestions.

But funny part is that TU/MA said that the company verified the account but they did not indicate the name or social security number for the account as being mine.

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW A COMPANY CAN VERIFY AN ACCOUNT AS YOURS WHEN THEY CANNOT EVEN COME UP WITH YOUR NAME OR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER in the verification process!

If that's not BS I don't know what is!

Thanks again for the input!

6. Cyprigirl

??

7. Cyprigirl

Lizard, if you are online, what do you think I should do with TU/MA. I have about your escapades with MA and I tried to call tehm back today but they kept me hold soo long and then I got the worst CSR, who had no clue what was going on.

I want to address it with the supervisor again tomorrow. But I f I don't the answers I want I plan on suing.

What do you think?

8. Cyprigirl

Lizard please let me know what you think about this situation with TU

Thanks a bunch!