Neiman Marcus Card????????

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JustMe, Aug 20, 2001.

1. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a Neiman Marcus account? I was interested in applying? Anyone have more info for me?? Is it really hard to obtain etc????

Thanks

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NO INCOME QUESTION...

Asks for other credit card...I would probably put the VISA/MC/AMEX/DISCOVER with the HIGHEST credit limit...

3. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

I wonder why Neimans does not ask for income information???? Do you think they just look at your other credit limits and decide from that?????

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Good question. I've gotten a gift certificate for Neiman Marcus and all I could get was a belt. LOL. I would love a credit card from them but I KNOW I don't make enough to qualify for the card...let alone my past credit woes.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

neimans only takes their own card, and amex. which sucks when i gotta buy the girl some kate spade.

6. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Neiman Marcus has some of most leinent business practices. You want to buy a $3000 leather jacket, but only have a $1000 credit limit...no problem here's your new credit limit of $3500. You're a couple dates late with your payment and over the limit. No problem here's another $500.

Until Donna Karan and Prada go on sale for at least 70% off I refuse to step in the store. It makes me feel poor.

Dani

7. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

To everybody who had to read the previous post. I'm sorry. My proofreading stinks.

Dani

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$3,000 for a jacket?
    I hope the price includes maid/butler service to help you put it on...

:)

9. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

I have one and some of the perks are that for $50.00 you can upgrade to Gold. Some perk? They have beautiful catalogs with decent pricing. They are sister company with Bergdorf Goodman and you can use either card at either store. Both have catalogs as well. Neiman Marcus does give good increases but they told me I have to do it at the store because I am out of the US. You can use only Amex and NM or BG at their stores. Have not seen Visa or MC.

10. artchick98

artchick98 New Member

I got a pre-approved offer in the mail for a Neiman Marcus card after I got my Amex. My initial credit limit was $1000, but after one girly shopping trip (Kate Spade, Kiehl's) they raised it to $3000.