Nelnet DENIED Goodwill

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by gc, Feb 21, 2003.

1. gc

gc Well-Known Member

I sent a GW letter to Nelnet Feb. 7. They received it 4 days later. In Feb. 14, they sent me a letter stating that the information they are reporting is accurate and therefore cannot be removed. *sigh* I have been paying them on-time for 3 years straight! Not a single late payment since the "incident" happened.

What do I do next?

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

What do I do next?
    gc
    ========================
    Start Doing
    What they are accusing you of.

3. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

At this point, I'm very disappointed in you LB.

I assume by telling GC to "start doing what they're accusing you of" you mean to start paying late.

How utterly absurd can you possibly get?

4. gc

gc Well-Known Member

lbrown, I have trying to fix my credit report so that all the negatives in it are removed. I can't afford to start paying late and cause more problem for myself. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant. By the way, I was persistent so I called them again and again. I was told that the supervisor of the rep I talk to will request that the 6 negatives are removed from my CR. =)

5. fla-tan

fla-tan Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Nelnet DENIED Goodwill

lb, are you back to acting the idiot child again??? How any decent person could recommend or suggest that a person intentionally damage their credit is beyond imagining. This is the type of response that I would expect from a troll. While I have many times read a post from you and shook my head at the inappropriateness of your response, I would say that this is probably a new low, even for you.

fla-tan

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Nelnet DENIED Goodwill

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by lbrown59
    What do I do next?
    gc
    ========================
    Start Doing
    What they are accusing you of.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this point, I'm very disappointed in you LB.

I assume by telling GC to "start doing what they're accusing you of" you mean to start paying late.

How utterly absurd can you possibly get?

Butch,
    ===============
    It was an LOL
    The END ************************* LB 59

7. gc

gc Well-Known Member

Just an update.... I have been very determined to have the six 90+ days lates on my credit reports, so even though Nelnet denied my first request via goodwill adjustment I kept on calling and writing them. I have been talking to Nelnet reps and all of them said that a retraction request has been sent to the credit bureaus. I asked Nelnet to send me a letter stating that the negative notations are going to be deleted or taken out. I am expecting that within the next couple of days.

THANK YOU CREDITNETTERS!!!!
    I also had my very first deletion (only EXP) of a paid in full collection account. Gotta work on TU and EQ.

8. marci

marci Well-Known Member

See, persistence DOES work. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Congrats!

9. edoggie

edoggie Well-Known Member

gc,

You mind posting letter 1 letter 2 letter 3 etc.... just remove your personal info. I'm curious to see how you did it.

Sallie Mae denied my first one but I'm not giving up. Before I'm done, that whole company will know me on first name basis. they'll probably have the US Postal Inpector after me.

10. gc

gc Well-Known Member

Sure, but I will have to do it when I get home. I am currently travelling for work. The letters are saved in my home PC. But if you want to get an idea, simply look at the Goodwill Sample letters on FAQ. They are 90% similar.

11. gc

gc Well-Known Member

edoggie, here's the second letter I sent to Nelnet.

------------------------

February 25, 2003

Regarding: Account No. xxxxxxxxxxx

Nelnet
    ATTN: Supervisor/Credit Bureau Desk
    PO BOX 53318
    Jacksonville, FL 32201

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing a letter about my experience with Nelnet that is a mixture of a grateful "thank-you" and a pressing request concerning 6 student loan accounts (Groups A â?? F), which are currently under review for deletions of negative notations, in my credit files that I would like to have revised.

I want to let you know that I am very grateful to your company for helping me get a degree by lending me money to pay for my tuition. In early 1999, I lost my first job and was temporarily unable to make payments. I requested for a forbearance which I was and still am thankful Nelnet approved. Eventually, I found another job and had to relocate. During the process of finding a new job, moving, re-adjusting, etc., I became disorganized and was unable to notify Nelnet of my new address. As a result, I never received the statements sent to me. I lost track of the time when I was supposed to start making payments again. When I finally heard from Nelnet, I was told that I have already been reported to the credit reporting agencies. I was very surprised to hear this and immediately made arrangements to make payment over the phone so that my account would be current. If only I received the phone call before I was reported, I would have made sure my account stayed current. If you review my account, I have never been late since April 2000. I have been paying more than the minimum amount due. In fact, I already paid off groups C and E.

To be honest, that year was a "wake-up" call for me regarding fiscal organization. Since then I believe I have learned the essential organizational and financial management principles I desperately needed at that point. Thankfully, responsible credit management is now reflected in my credit records which -- excluding the Nelnet student loans late entries -- are excellent.

We are about to shop for a mortgage, and it has come to my attention that the 6 late notations from Nelnet may prevent me from taking full advantage of the very lowest interest rates now available. Since those notations do not reflect my current status with Nelnet and based on my 3 years of excellent payment history, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by revising those trade lines. I do not deny that I was late in making payment, but it really was not intentional. Your customer service representative suggested that I write you for a "goodwill adjustment." I am hoping that you approve my request to delete the negative notations on my 6 accounts. I sincerely hope that there is redemption at Nelnet, and I beg you for such consideration.

Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

Very hopefully yours,

GC

12. tess1913

tess1913 New Member

I am having the same problem with Nelnet. I consolidated with another lender so my loans are paid and the account is closed. Please post any additional information if possible.
    Thank You.

13. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

The thread is almost five years old. I doubt if anyone is around to update it.

You may want to start a new thread with your problems.