net 1st

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by arnold, Jul 3, 2000.

1. arnold

arnold Guest

hey, is net 1st laget? it sounds good but i just dont know. please help. thank you arnold

2. CiRcUs-FrE

CiRcUs-FrE Guest

Net 1st is Junk! You get a card in the mail and you have to pay and pay and pay and pay in order to get the credit on your card and you pay 8 bucks a month just to have this junk card. And they say after 1 year they will convert you to an unsecured card in 1 year and give you a credit increase from 250.00 up to 2500.00... Don't expect the 2500.00 at all. So in other words.. what a big ripp off!!!

3. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

I disagree.

This card is literally for those with "the worst credit in the world" who cannot get approved ANYWHERE ELSE.

Besides that 8 dollar monthly fee is a pittance compared to to the fees and interest rates some of the other ripoff companies charge.

A major attraction of this card is that you don't have to put any deposit, while there are certainly far better one's available if you have the deposit money, many persons either don't have the funds available or prefer to fund the card/deposit slowely.

As for being converted to unsecured after 1 year, who knows, the company itself has been around for less than that. And I don't have to remind you of all the posts herein about the difficulty of achieving that with a Capital One or Optima Secured (which doesn't even report!!).

Consider this, the Western Security secured card until winding up operations last month was widely considered the best secured card on the market and yet had no option for converting it to unsecured.

4. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

No, it's definitely not a scam, it is a card designed for individuals with extremely bad or no credit and/or that do not have the security deposit for a secured card, the card gets reported to all credit bureaus and has a 0% APR.

No, this card is not for everyone but definitely not a scam. :)

And remember, ALWAYS read the terms and conditions BEFORE you apply for any card, if you dont agree or dont understand something DO NOT apply for the card.

Happy Holiday!

Alex.

--------------------
    Free Credit Repair Information.
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

5. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

If you're willing to put up a cash deposit for a credit card, don't apply for the Net1st card until you've exhausted all means of getting a secured card.

The Net1st card should only be obtained by those with very recent bankruptcies. You might try applying for an unsecured card at Orchard Bank-www.orchardbank.com. If you don't qualify for an unsecured card, they will set you up for a secured account.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

This card is so expensive and it is only going to get those that can't afford it even deeper in debt. I would try First Consumers National Bank as they only require a $100 deposit. If your credit is even too bad for that and you are not on Chex Systems open a checking accout with Compubank or XCom, they will issue a debit card and it does not say CheckCard on it. If you are on Chex Systems ask around as there are some banks that do not use them for evaluation. In any event don't be foolish enough to bury yourself even deeper in such an overpriced product. Good luck.

7. Betty

Betty Guest

This is a legitimate credit card, but for those who absolutley can not get credit. Then these fee's are not so bad. The bank sends you a card with an account hold on it. So remember you will not be able to use the card immediately. As you make your payments on the account you will be able to use it. I know of silmilar companies who do the same thing, one is merrick bank. My son did this. And they did come thru as promised at the end of the program the account hold was released and a limit of 2,500 was given. During the program period there is no interest occuring on these cards, just their participation fees. It's worth it if you can not obtain credit any other way. My advice would be to check the condition of your credit first by getting a copy of your credit report. review it carefully for any errors. Try for an unsecured card first, then proceed as necessary. Best wishes. Betty