Net 1st

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cheri, Jul 12, 2000.

1. Cheri

Cheri Guest

Does anyone know how to contact Net 1st Bank? I keep having trouble with their online application form, but there is no phone number or email or way to contact them on their website. I don't know how to ask them for help with the form!

Any help is appreciated!

2. <b>pbm</b>

<b>pbm</b> Guest

<b>RE: Net 1st</b>

<HTML>Dear Cheri,

Below is the contact information for Net1st.

Impulse Marketing Group
    2440 Sandy Plains Rd. Bldg 8
    Marietta, GA 30066
    1-800-301-9828
    </HTML>

3. Keith

Keith Guest

Cheri,

Are you aware that Net1st will not offer you a regular card until 24 months after you establish your account? During the 24 months you must make on-time payments and don't exceed credit limit. You must also pay their monthly fee of about $10.00 each month. First National Bank of Brookings (FNB) offers the same program Net1st does;however, their program is only 12 months. Each card promises to offer a regular card with a limit up $2,500.00. The key phrase here is "up to". This means you might get a limit lower than $2,500.00 when you finish the program.. Each charge about a $89 application fee and each has about a $10 monthly fee. The big difference is Net1st is 24 months and FNB is 12 months. You can contact FNB at (605) 696-1730. I never see their web-site anymore. They used to be known as icreditcard. They are now called Premier Choice. I have both cards and would have cancelled Net1st but I have invested to much. I will be ending my 12 months with FNB soon and will be anxious to see what they offer. If their offer is good I'll keep Net1st to see what they will do. Good Luck

4. Cheri

Cheri Guest

Keith,

Thanks for the info, but I think I am going to go with Net1st simply because they don't require any real documentation of anything from me. My big drawback is that I am self-employed. FNB Brookings has sent me applications and offers before, but always want a pay stub which I cannot provide. I don't mind the monthly fee with Net1st, and frankly I don't care if or when they give me a "real" card or a substantial credit limit; the only reason I really want a card at all is for the convenience of purchasing office supplies on the web, booking travel, etc. I just figured I could get the Net1st card with no questions asked, and I will just send them their $500 right off the bat rather that "paying it down" in payments. The money isn't a problem. That just seemed to me to be the best plan, since I would basically not have to jump through any hoops and would just send off $500 and have the card I need for these conveniences. If you still think I am barking up the wrong tree, I'm all ears. Drop me a line.

Thanks,
    Cheri

5. Cheri

Cheri Guest

Thanks much!

Cheri

6. Keith

Keith Guest

I think you are right. When I applied for Net1st, I simply filled out application on-line authorizing the $89 fee to be taken from checking account. I got the card in a few weeks. If I remember correctly the application did asked about employment and income. I might be wrong, I don't really remember. They have excellent customer service. The automated assistant is available 24 hrs/7days. You can speak to a rep during normal business hours. I have found them to be friendly. When I need to send money (in order to charge) I call and give my checking information. They post the money within 2 days and deduct from my checking in about 5 days. Twice I have called to cancel. Each time the rep noticed my perfect account and begged me not to cancel. Each time they assured me that when I "graduate", I would have a considerable credit limit based on my record( I still wonder if this is true). If you have more questions call their customer service people at 1-888-900-2262.

7. Franceska

Franceska Guest

Is it true that with Net 1st, you have an immediate balance of $500 to pay off before you can charge? If that's the case, then what's the difference between that an a secured card from any other bank that offers them?

Franceska

8. Michael

Michael Guest

It's true they put $500.00 on your account, and you can only charge what you have paid off.

Plus that $500.00 is acruing interest at 20% or what ever so in 1 year your really paying them $600.00!

Your much better off with a established well known bank like FCNB, Citibank, U.S. Bank.