Net Bank Debit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cross, Jan 15, 2001.

1. cross

cross Guest

I have a new Net Bank checking account. I just got off the phone with customer service. The lady told me that they run a credit check for a debit card, as everyone knows from an earlier post, my credit sucks, very, very badly. What are my chances of getting a Visa Debit Card?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

My credit sucks worse than yours :) (nyah).

I have a netbank visa check card :)

TD Waterhouse, american bank, and wingspanbank also offered me the same :)

Don't worry. Unless they've changed their rules in the past month..

3. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Otherwise, you can always request the regular ATM card w/o the visa logo.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Yah but its such a pain not to have the visa check card. Don't worry they'll give you one.

5. Julie

Julie Guest

SAM, I may sound dumb, but what is a Visa check card? I used to have a checking account, but what does a Visa check card do? Why not just a check? What are the advantages? Thanks,

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

What??!?!?

Visa check card?

Its an ATM card with VISA or MASTERCARD logo on it. You charge, it takes out of your account..

Checks? Nobody writes checks anymore cept for rent? I'm working on online paying that too.

Seriously. I write one check a month, everything else is online pay, including child support. If you don't take online-payment, or visa/mc, you dont get cash from me :)

We live in a world, where cash could be abolished already, cept for illegal things. It would certainly strap down on illegal stuff happening too to eliminate cash.

but some people think thats big brother.
    nuff rambling.

everyone should have a visa check atm card. I cant imagine life without one??

7. Julie

Julie Guest

RE: What??!?!?

How does a person apply for one? As you may know, my credit is only so-so. Do I send them money to open it, or what? We live in the country, and a very small community, so we are not up on things like that.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: What??!?!?

CALL your bank that you have your checking account at, and ask about one.

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: dont ask

just tell them. Demand it :)

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: dont ask

Some banks don't offer them, so I said ask.

11. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: really..

damn those banks must be in the stone age :) I thought having a bank without online access was archaic, and rare :)

All of the online banks freely give out ATM VISA check cards. :) Most are easy to get credit with. Of course not having a b&m branch is hard for some folks to swallow.