Net1st Credit Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ShotCredit, Apr 2, 2001.

1. ShotCredit

ShotCredit Guest

With credit like mine, I am of course willing to pay large fees of whatever type is required to get ANY credit card.
    Has anyone else on here got a Net1st credit card and does anyone know anything about a card called Secure and More?

I am willing to deposit up tp $4,200 in whatever type of account I need to but I want a card that will report to ALL 3 credit bureaus.

Remember - I am in Credit Hell - I do not have the option of saying no annual fees.

Someone on here has to know this cause there are a lot of credit whizzes on this board.

Your help is appreciated, folks.

ShotCredit

2. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

TRY FCNB or Capital One

Check out:

first consumers national bank - excellent - 19.8% rate - small annual fee - no application bullshit charges.
    check out at 1-800-876-3262 - reports to all 3 unsecured.
    Leads to Spiegel Dept Card, Eddie Bauer, reports well.

capital one - check out their secured card - $99 for a $500 limit. If you have more money to put down, go FCNB.

they both worked for me.

cya dogman

3. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

Re: TRY FCNB or Capital One

FCNB is the one I just got. I got 200% of my deposit. So I sent in $100 and have a $200 credit line. The CS rep told me this, if you have NO lates, NO over limits and NEVER EVER take a cash advance you will get increases. He said even one $10 cash advance will halt increases for 6 months. I appreciated knowing that. So when I received my PIN number I shredded it without even looking, so I wouldn't be tempted.

Christi

4. rachal

rachal Member

FCNB, Capital One or Net1st

I have all three...FCNB, CapOne and Net1st. Within the first month, a three reported. I know FCNB & Net1st reported to all three, dont remember about CapOne.
    There is a limit on the percentage amount FCNB will exceed your deposit. I know no more than $2,500 unsecured during the first year. Best to check with a rep to get the full details. I havent had any problems with any of the cards so far, so I am happy. Others here have different opinions about each card.
    Good luck!

5. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Re: FCNB, Capital One or Net1s

I don't understand why FCNB would see a cash advance as a negative factor. If it why bother to offer it?

Cap 1 does report to all three CRAs.

Best regards,
    Sam

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Mirage,
    They think that you take cash advance when you are in financial trouble. I asked them when I had their cards.

7. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Ron, I guess I understand their point of view.

BUT what if a person needed cash for an emergency?

I hope other cc do not have this point of view.

8. FrEaK

FrEaK Guest

Just out of curiosity.. If you make a purchase that is treated as a cash advance (such as to purchase a money order or do a Western Union over the telephone or online) Could that make a negative impact with FCNB?

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

cash advances are a good thing :) I've used it two or three times when i needed to finance a cash purchase of an item. Cap 1 loves it when you do that cause they make fat interest (fee charged as interest) on you! I guarantee cap 1 won't even squint if you cash advance from them.

i went from $99 for $500 to $1100 in 9 months PLUS a gold card with $600 limit in addition, was an excellent choice.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Mirage,
    I think it is their strange policy with FCNB and I had their secured account with them for two years. By the way, I never take cash advance they charge you high interest without any grace period. I also had a Cap 1 unsecured account and they don't have any strange policy for cash advance and they sent you convenience checks that come with the statement from time to time. I put it into my paper shredder because they charged you transaction fee and finance charge.

11. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

My ex used his CC cash advance option like it was an ATM machine. Bad move. Right now, he's behind in his payments and having a hard time. He's had Providian for over a year...more like 2 and he's NEVER had an increase. In 6 months, I went from $500 to $1800 CL.

He didn't have credit and I tried to help him since I'd been to hell and back with my credit was finally on the right track but some people don't believe fat meat is greasy.

So he had to go out and find out that INDEED, fat meat IS greasy and now he's paying for it. He had subprime cards and messed them up. Guess he'll go Net1st if he EVER gets back on track.

With all that said, if at all possible, DO NOT take cash advances. If you do, PAY IT OFF THE NEXT MONTH. If you don't and you send a payment, they apply that payment to your cash advance balance FIRST! I did this with my Associates and was floored when I looked at my statement 2 months later.