net1st mastercard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by alice, Jan 10, 2001.

1. alice

alice Guest

any info on this card

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Don't waste your money.

Try capitalone secured, and providian/aria.com first.

It's worse than FCNB with fees and such.

3. Michael

Michael Guest

On the other hand you will get it with a positive $500.00 limit reporting!

I do however agree try First Consumers or Providian before!

4. Killer

Killer Guest

This is an expensive debit card that reports to the CRA's. THIS CARD IS NOT FOR SOMEONE WHO IS ABLE TO OBTAIN A BETTER DEAL! THIS CARD IS FOR PEOPLE WHO GET TURNED DOWN BY CAP1, PROV, DMB, or ORCHARD! If you can obtain one of these then skip NET 1ST. Otherwise Net 1st can help you establish a better credit history. You must pay an upfront one-time fee of $89 and pay $8 per month. In exchange you get a monthly report to all CRA's. If you want to charge on the card you must send in any amount you wish to charge (this is in addition the $8 per month). That's all to it.

If you can do better then don't get this card. If you can wait to start establishing a positive trade line, then don't get this card. But if you have no choice then this card can help.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I agree with Killer only I would rather scrape up $300 and get a secured card from Citibank (if you don't need the trade to report right away) or Chase (that will report secured). This card is just highway robbery!

6. Michael

Michael Guest

Chase normally doesn't report secured, but then computers don't seem to mind since 7 of my clients who have Chase have received Mobil, Aria, and some Citibank cards within 8 months of opening with Chase!

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

That's good news to hear.

8. alice

alice Guest

thanks