Netbank / Chex

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nite Owl, Nov 14, 2000.

1. Nite Owl

Nite Owl Guest

Will Netbank open an account for someone on Chexsystems?

Also, can an EIN be used in place of a social in order to get around the Chex problem? Is that like way illegal? Is it just as illegal as using an EIN for credit purposes? Cuz I do have one of those, but never tried using it for fear of getting into trouble. I'd never dare try it for credit purposes because I've read that it's dangerously illegal, but what about to open a checking account? Anyone?

2. Tara

Tara Guest

Netbank opened an account for my husband and his ChexSystems report is terrible with stuff as recent as 2 years ago. They also opened one for me. My ChexSystems record is completely clear but by credit report has a few delinquincies. I think almost anyone can get an account with Netbank.

3. Eboni

Eboni Guest

I do believe it is illegeal. Just your regular info. They are pretty lenient.

Good Luck

4. Nite Owl

Nite Owl Guest

Okay, I am hearing that Netbank may be pretty lenient. The question about the EIN was asked more with the idea of getting an account at a regular local bank. Would I be in a lot of trouble if I applied and put down an EIN instead of a social? Can they tell the difference just by looking at them, anyway?

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

When they ask for SSN, you must put SSN. Its the law.

6. tomL

tomL Guest

Yes, it's they can tell just by looking, if they're looking for it. The first 5 numbers of your SS# is coded for the state and the year when you got your social #, obviously, your EIn isn't going to match that.

TomL

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SS# NOT REQUIRED BY LAW, except for income and Social Security purposes!!!

BUT THE BUSINESS DOESN'T HAVE TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU WITHOUT IT IF YOU REFUSE TO GIVE IT.