Netbank.com - good online bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Jan 8, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Netbank is probably one of the best online
    banks for anyone that has difficulty (read CHEX AND CREDIT) problems.

I have wingspanbank.com with a chex and credit baddies.

My friend got denied recently by wingspanbank, but approved for netbank.

No fees (so far!)
    No Min balance.
    Free bill payment.
    Decent (slow) website.

Minimum $50 deposit, and you will get a visa check card. They pull equifax, but i guess they don't care because mine sucks pretty bad (5 major baddies, 7 positives).

They must not run chex or don't care.

Plus! They will let you (as a purchase) fund you account up to $200 with a credit card. Charge $200 to your card, start account, ACH pay back your credit card a few days later.

Just a heads up if anyone's having a problem. Seems like the good banks are getting more stringent and inflicting fees upon us..

Only one thing i don't like: POOP brown ugly check card. blah.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Netbank.com - good online

There's a better way. Open an account with CompuBank. The initial deposit is charged through a credit card, and you can deposit as much as you like. Then, if you have a grace period on your card, YOU'RE making interest on their money, instead of the other way around (just put it in a CompuBank savings account). You also utilize your credit to show a higher "credit limit" figure on your credit report.

There's also a $20 bonus when you open the account:

http://www.compubank.com/cbe_appl.htm?AFFINITY=10040117

Saar

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Dont bother with compubank if you have CHEX.

4. S.D.

S.D. Guest

I have a NetBank Checking and so far it's been great. The only thing about thes internet banks is that if you don't have direct deposit, you have to mail in your checks (they provide postage paid envelopes) and it takes a few days.

5. William Wa

William Wa Guest

I know people with bad Cheksystems reports who have called Compubank's new account department after being denied, and asked them to manually review their application, with an explanation, and have gotten approved.