Netbank purchases Compubank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Mar 30, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Just thought I would share the information. I logged into my Compubank account only to find a new mail window. As I read the subject line I thought wow. Anyway, Netback purchased Compubank effective immediately. I like Netbank; however, I enjoyed the free domestic wire transfers from Compubank. Does anyone know if Netbank if affiliated with any brick and motor banks. I am referencing depositing money outside of direct deposit.

Mike G.

2. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Re: Netbank purchases Compuban

I forgot to mention that I was unable to log into Compubank all day. I finally was able to log in at 4:30. Now I know why. Of course they promise no interruptions, but I consider not being able to log into my account for 8 hours an interruption.

Mike G.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Why would you need a wire transfer when you can have their free Direct Transfer (ACH) service? I use it all the time.

Saar

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Netbank certainly does have an office, in alpharetta about 15 miles north. They also allow deposits at several atm chains.

5. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Saar,

I wire money out on a monthly basis to my brokerage accounts and money market accounts. Just would like to save the money in fees. Call me cheap :)

Mike G.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

I've used "direct transfer" to move funds to my Money Market account - all fee-free. If anything, some banks charge an "incoming wire xfer fee"; But no Bank would charge you a "ACH credit fee".

BTW, I don't think you're cheap at all - avoiding excessive bank fees is a must.

Saar

7. WilliamX

WilliamX Guest

For moving money for free, using ACH though, not wires, you can use Yahoo Finance Funds Transfer now.

It is completely free.

I'm rather disappointed with this Netbank/Compubank deal. Compubank by far as more functionality and an overall better service than Netbank has, including the ability to do ACH transfer deposits to other people, which I have used extensively to pay consultants who have done some projects for my clients. I'm going to miss that easy, free way to send direct payments.

The only nice feature Netbank brings is the ability to make deposits at ATMs without mailing in checks.

Other than that, I've not too happy about this.