NetBank vs. CompuBank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Oct 5, 2000.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Well, count me as one of the soon-to-be former X.com accountholders. I've already stopped my direct deposit, and will pay off my remaining LOC balance in a week or so.

My credit union does not offer checkcards, so I need another account at a bank that does. Applied at CompuBank and NetBank, and was approved by both. Now I'm stuck - I cannot have three checking accounts. If anyone has any comments good or bad about their experiences with these banks, please post them to help me make a decision on which one to keep.

CompuBank's site said they offer overdraft protection, but when I called, they said it is only via another account with them (no separate line). NetBank's account info screen does not list the LOC separately, so I don't even know if I have one or how much it is (I did click that option when I applied).
    If you have one, does it show in your account list?

Please, any comments are welcome. Thanks for your help!!!

2. Bart

Bart Guest

About NetBank LOC, If you do not see it in your account list expect a declination letter in the mail in about 10 days.

3. bgolden

bgolden Guest

I applied for a netbank account with loc-overdraft protection. I recieved a denial letter and then about 5 days later I was approved with a 500.00 line of credit for overdraft protection and when I go online to see my account it is listed right under it and I can see if I have used any, payment amount, when due etc. So I would just wait even if you do get a denial letter. I didn't talk to a rep about it, it just appeared. Hope this helps.