NetBank...WOOHOO! Thanks, Sam

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cindy, Mar 1, 2001.

1. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

I believe it was Sam who mentioned the success he had with NetBank.

Yesterday, I began the search for a new personal checking account. I used to have an X.com account, but we all know what happened there. I also had a Wingspan account, but closed it. Needless to say I have some dings on my ChexSystems report, but the worst one was due to fall off last month. (I do have a SFNB joint account with my SO, but needed a separate account, and they wouldn't do it. Too bad. They are a good bank.)

So yesterday off I went to NetBank. I applied for everything, _including_ the LOC, and what do you know....

I was approved!!!

Thanks again, Sam! You have no idea how much your postings helped me.

Cheers,
    Cindy

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: NetBank...WOOHOO! Thanks,

np :) i just quit wingspanbank completely, and use netbank for everything. One thing that is nice, they will post your check deposits the day they receive them in the mail, regardless of type/amount (up to $5K). i live in atlanta so means if i mail a check wednesday, it posts friday :)

love their service :)

good luck!

sam

3. netbank2

netbank2 Guest

They may have changed their policy, but in case its because Sam lives in GA where they are based, I thought i'd throw in that whenever I've sent personal checks for deposit they have held them for 3 days.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Check out their new policy. Its quite interesting. They hold all deposits for 12 days if your account is less than 30 days old, then they dont hold squat.

I'm deposited personal checks out state, business out of state, tax refund, all no holds barred :)

Their website is whack stupid, compared to say wingspan, but its free.

5. mvfl

mvfl Guest

What is LOC?

Cindy mentioned it in her post??

6. netbank2

netbank2 Guest

Re: What is LOC?

Wow...then a big thank you from me to. I have an account,b ut haven't explored their website lately.

7. marci

marci Well-Known Member

loc = line of credit

I suspect she qualified for overdraft protection (which is a line of
    credit to prevent bounced checks).

8. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

And ya know, I don't think I would have qualified for overdraft protection if it hadn't been for all the credit repair help I've gotten through the years from this board.
    Thanks guys!

And yeah, yeah, x.com gave me the $200, but this one was totally unexpected...

Cheers,
    Cindy

9. skip

skip Guest

LOC/overdraft

Is a credit inquiry placed to receive this loc or overdraft protection?

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: LOC/overdraft

yes. they do a credit inquiry regardless, netbank. They checked my experian if i remember right.

they also check Chexsystems, cause i have my report right next to me, and it sure enough was checked.. :)