"New" CCB Game

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Don, Mar 20, 2000.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member

This is a classic...

In response to my complaint to the DE State Bank Commission over a bogus 27 dollar fee, CCB immediately refunded a credit balance we had of something like 100 dollars. (Along with denying the 27 dollar credit for variety of bizarre reasons...)..

What makes this a classic CCB action is that at the same time I got a letter from this VP in Delaware, saying he was immediately refunding my credit balance, CCB had also gotten our letter asking them to close the account, bring it to a zero balance, and refund what is left.

Saturday, we get a check (signed by someone who is apparently another Rocco family member, Peter Abbesinio), and a statement...showing a balance of $6.30 (finance charges for the few days the card had a balance that month), AND a refund of the credit balance...ALL DONE ON THE SAME DAY...they apparently wanted to have a balance on the account, rather than taking their money that is due, out of the overage...and not a word about closing the account...

Only CCB could do something so incompetent that it makes you wonder if they are stupid, or dishonest...

So...here we are again...another larger than balance payment, a credit balance for the month, and then another request to close the account...