New Cell Phone!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 8, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

This morning I signed up with service through Verizon for this great calling plan. I also recieved FREE:
    my cell phone,
    24 credit on my first bill
    no activation fee
    no long distance to anywhere in the USA
    2000 weekend free per month for life
    a lether case
    protable charger
    car charger

I had to make a deposit of 200.00, which i charged on my new GM card.

I now my credit is getting better now....
    last summer, around same time, i applied for service with verizon and they required me to make a 500 deposit. (they pull trans union)

Now, they pull transunion (with no negs but lots of inquires) and im only required to pay 200 (which is the minimum)

I get my deposit back plus 4% interest in 12 months.

YEah!

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats!

What is the cost per month for the service?

I hope the signal reception is OK. I regret ever getting my Sprint phone as every time I get 10 miles from home, the signal fades and then the call goes dead.

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

Thank you Jim!

I chose a plan that is 49.99 per month...it gives me 600 weekday min. 2000 weekend min per month (for life).

I think it would be a good start. The best thing is that if this plan is too much i can change to something lesser and still keep the 2000 weekend min. for life!

I hope it works out!
    PSugirl

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Sounds like a terrific deal PSUgirl. Thanks for mentioning it. Verizon is my local telephone company so I keep getting ads from them to consolidate service (local, long distance and cell).

Also, my 14 year old daughter needs a phone. You have been quite helpful here.