New credit bureau???/

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bbauer, Nov 20, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

New credit bureau just opened up????

One of my customers faxed me a letter he got from some company named FABCO. Actual name is Federal Adjustment Bureau!!!!!!! In business since 1943.
    4640 Executive Drive
    Columbus, Ohio

614-538-5600
    800-669-5010
    fax614-3260914

Claim to be a credit bureau.
    I just wonder how many people might be able to either get their credit reports from FABCO or raise the roof because they won't give them one?

LOL

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Bill, I am actually suprised you don't recognize a collection agency when you see one. I think at least 5 of the accounts I dealt with on my credit report were from XXX Credit Bureau - and were collection agencies.

Credit Bureaus are little more than collection agencies that affiliate themselves with CRA's and will provide a report for a consumer if requested. They are not CRA's themselves.

3. SofaKing

SofaKing Well-Known Member

Bill-

I think you are confusing credit *bureaus* with credit reporting agencies. Like Hal said, the bureaus are just collectors who can pull reports if need be. That doesn't make them CRAs.

SK

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

hal
    And I am actually surprised you didn't realize that they are a credit bureau as well as a credit reporting agency as well as a collection agency. . Att the top of their letterhead just below the name they have a little slogan which says "recording the past" and then later "helping to predict the future" or something to that effect. Then on the lower left part of the letter there is another statement that they report credit. It don't say nothing about collecting debts. But it is a collection letter. No question about that.

And of course, it's not out of line for them to be both a reporter of credit and a collection agency at the same time.

If they are not a credit bureau as they claim to be then they are clearly begging for grief. So let them have it. As to whether or not they are somehow breaking the law, I don't know and I don't really care. After all, it's quite clear that they are a credit bureau and a credit reporting agency
    and a collection agency all at the same time.

Why not send them a demand for your credit report?

After all, when you look at their website, what other conclusion can you draw?

If it walks like a duck, squawks like a duck then it must be a duck.

Hal, I am actually suprised you don't recognize a credit bureau when you see one.

5. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Bill,

My comment was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, not a jibe at you. If you interpeted it as one, I apologize.

I would like to see their website, if you can post or email me the link. I looked for a report on them on BBB but they are currently updating their information on the company.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Hal
    well, yes, I did take it as a jibe, but you gotta forgive me for that. Please understand that I'm pretty well snake-bit these days, so I have a tendency to jump at the slightest noise. (LOL)

I just went to yahoo and typed in their name and it popped up number one.

Have a nice day.

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

SofaKing
    I might not always be right but I am never wrong. (LOL)
    Happy Thanksgiving

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

BTW, Hal, before somebody gets the wrong idea, "snake-bit" was not intended to mean I was calling anybody a snake. Maybe I should have used the term"gun shy" instead.

I sure don't want to offend anyone or give the wrong impression. It was just a way of putting things, not a slam at anybody.

The term "snake bit" is usually used by somebody that just went through a divorce and are asked if they are looking for someone new. They often come back with the comment, "No thanks. I been snake-bit once, and that's enough for me."

LOL