New Credit ???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by teemoney, Jan 2, 2001.

1. teemoney

teemoney Guest

I want to know which banks or companies will give you some credit when you don't have any credit? When you're just starting off? You have to start somewhere right?

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

If you're having difficulty getting approved, I would try the Capital One secured card. The rates aren't bad for a secured card (19.8% APR, grace period, $39 annual fee). If you have to have an unsecured card, I recommend the Aria card. It's issued by Providian National Bank. They don't have the best rates (23.99% APR, no grace period, maybe an annual fee/processing fee--depends on what you qualify for), but it's easy to get. As long as you use the card (or any other card)responsibly, you should be fine. Check out some of the posts on this board. They're full of tips and tricks, personal experiences , etc. The folks on here are very helpful.
    Good Luck! I'm sure others might want to add their recommendations.

3. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Capital One secured is your best deal right now. The worst case, you'll get $200 limit for $99 deposit. Use the card for 3-4 months, then probably you'll qualify for a Providian Visa, unsecured... from there, sky is the limit. If you're carefull, in one year you'll be getting platinum cards and you'll have more than 10k total credit lines (that depends also on the income)