New FCNB Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BostonJeff, May 21, 2001.

1. BostonJeff

BostonJeff Well-Known Member

Hi All,

Does anyone know how long it takes for FCNB to increase your account with unsecured credit and if they will offer me a Spegiel account once my secured card is open for awhile.

I've had the account for a month, plan on charging about 1k and paying it off $250.00 a month to build a payment history.

Any feedback would be appreciated

BJ

2. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

My husband and I each received an unsecured card back in November. My limit was recently increased (only $100), but my husband's has not been increased yet. I have a $1100 limit and have about $800 on my card. My husband has a $1000 limit and about $400 on his card. I usually try to pay the balances in full, but for the last couple months have left balances on both cards. I do pay more than the minimum. So from personal experience it seems like about 6 months to first increase.

As for Spiegel, I don't know. I had my Spiegel prior to BK with no balance and have kept it open. Use it only occasionally. If no one can help with your Spiegel question, I would try calling FCNB and ask some questions. At least you would know whether it is worth your time and the inquiry on your report.

An interesting note: if your unsecured card is a card from a BK solicitation, FCNB did not pull a credit bureau on you. Now if you apply for one of their secured cards, they will pull a bureau on you even though you have another account with them. Same would apply for the Spiegel card. Just to let you know if you are trying to avoid too many inquiries.

3. river

river Well-Known Member

FCNB is a great start for re-building.I have the Visa and mastercard.They will review your payment history at 6 months and will give increase and at exactly 6 months you will get offer for Spegiel(which you can use at Eddie Bauers).Good luck!

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

They sent me pre-approved Spiegel Charge application after I had FCNB secured with them after two years and they approved me $825.

Ron.