New file

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

ok, don't even bother pounding on my for posting this question. I know EIN, TIN, fake SSN numbers and file segregation is illegal.

So I am curious. I keep seeing other stuff now. "Not EIN, TIN... yayadada but still create a new file." or what about this:

http://www.privacyline.com/secure/index.html

I think they're running around the FTC by "privately issuing" "privacy numbers" and then telling people to file segregate.

MY ONLY QUESTION IS THIS: do you guys know what they're up to?

I don't want the ethics debate... just some facts. My curiosity is wondering what it all is.

Thanks in advance for staying on topic :_)

2. CD

CD Guest

File Seg Revisited

Marie:
    In a nutshell what that website promotes is a form of file segregation, a Pandoraâ??s box wrapped a bit differently. Same â??stuff,â? different location with a little more eye appeal â?? nonetheless same garbage!

Too bad one canâ??t read §522(a) of the revised FCRA (http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra.pdf), because it simply doesnâ??t exist! The cite this hoax quotes relates to â??governmentâ? employees, NOT consumers! Yet they squarely proclaim authority under â??FCRA of 1974!â? (http://www.privacyline.com/secure/legality.html) Hellloooo?

However, for the sake of conversation, letâ??s say PrivacyLine is accurate; that they provide a legitimate service? (Although they donâ??t and if the webmaster doesnâ??t like my statement, he can sue me â?? another dead end!) What good is a â??Privacy Numberâ? if creditors donâ??t recognize the device, and consequently treat it like a file seg? Againâ?¦ Same snake, different colors!

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor,
    CreditDefenses.com

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Re: File Seg Revisited

interesting. I missed that quote. I'll go back and look.
    fitured it was a very expensive fraud. Just always curious as to what's going on in the credit world.

Makes sense that, even if you could get a "privacy" number, if the creditors don't validate it... it will make No difference for the exclusive use of credit.

The idea of getting a distinct privacy number does make sense. Eg: in Ga, we can use either our ssn or get a new specific driver's license number. For privacy sake, I asked for a license number (I do not use my ssn for my dl number). Keeps my ssn more private.

The idea of a privacy number is interesting just because it would keep our ssn info more private.

Of course, I was guessing it was fraud. Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck... :) just a different color duck this time. Thanks.

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Re: File Seg Revisited

Marie, could you email me please, I may have something for you.

Erica
    eseelye@rochester.rr.com

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Marie..To clarify...

Just wanted to clarify that I'm not going to try to sell you anything, and I'd rather not discuss this here, but if you email me I will explain why I have some information on this outfit.

Erica

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Erica

I'm emailing you if you don't mind...I have info also.

7. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

MP$40

I don't mind, maybe we can exchange info?

Erica

8. CD

CD Guest

You're Welcome

Always a pleasure to help, marie. [;-)

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor,
    CreditDefenses.com