New JOB!! Lower SCORE!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Nov 11, 2000.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I got a new job with American Express . I am happy. Higher income and potential for growth. The downside is now my score will go down because of the length of time at my job. I want to apply for a Zales or Kay card but I was planning on waiting until I got the results of my disputes. Should I just go for it now or wait?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

length of time will not decrease your fico score. It will affect your score which the creditor generators for you. Job length only helps your score if you have been there 5 years. So were you at your last job 5 years? Also on your applications just say you've been there longer. You can assume they mean how long have you been in that line of work Molly. I did not put down 0 time at my job when I moved in September. Screw that. I have worked in my field for 3 years. Each year I have changed jobs and increased my income by $20K-30K a change. Congratulations on your new job at AMEX. I remember you said you had your 4th interview coming up during one of the Sunday chats. Dont worry about the job length stuff. GoodLuck!

roni.

molly wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I got a new job with American Express . I am happy. Higher income and potential for growth. The downside is now my score will go down because of the length of time at my job. I want to apply for a Zales or Kay card but I was planning on waiting until I got the results of my disputes. Should I just go for it now or wait?

3. Eboni

Eboni Guest

I don't think CC Companies verify your employment uless it's a secured card where they ask for a paycheck stub. I think icome and length of employment are only verified for big loans like cars and houses.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Unless you are geting the Zales or Kay card for a special 0.00% interest for six months or one year...DON'T BOTHER, THEY TAKE AMEX, DISCOVER, VISA/MASTERCARD!!!