New Kid On The Block

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JD, Feb 14, 2001.

1. JD

JD Guest

Thanks for the replies on credit scores. I live in Mass and have had some major credit problems in the past. I have a Chapter 7, discharged in 98 on my report so I've been rebuilding my credit with sub-prime cards over the last 2 years. Recently I started reading this board, which has been very helpful. I have cards with Cap1 and 1st Premier, and have been successful this past week in getting the interest rate down to 13.99 on Cap1 and 15.9 on 1st Premier. I also got them to waive the $6.00 monthly charge and reduce the annual fee to $45.00. I know from the board that this is not the best card offer but I've been turned down by Providean and others. Any constructive feedback people can offer would be great.

Thanks
    J

2. river

river Well-Known Member

I would say you are ahead of the game.Negoiating with what credit cards you have is a strong sign that you are on top of it. Sometimes you can't get the best and that goes for sub-prime cards as well.Just look at it as a beginning.Establish yourself with these two cards and others will follow in time.Rome wasn't built in a day.Focus on having that discharge BK in '98 removed from your credit reports.Dispute and get deleted.BTW,welcome and as I always say: you will get some great advice and answers from this board

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE:I'M IMPRESSED!

JD,

You got 1st Premier to lower the interest to 15.9? And they agreed to waive the monthly fee?

You sure had better luck than I did! Last week, when I canceled the card, the retention rep didn't offer anything! He tried, all be it half-heartedly, to talk me into keeping the card, saying that it was designed for credit rebuilding and, since I had only had the card a year, it would be in my best interest to stay with it for at least another six months. After all, I didn't have to actually use it and I could pay the monthly fees in advance, if I wanted to.

Yeah right! I'm gonna pay them cash in advance so that confounded company can make even *more* off of me? I don't think so!

1st Premier is now history! And I feel good all over again every time I think about it.

But I'm glad one of the 1st Premier reps gave you a reasonable deal. The card will help in rebuilding your credit.

Donna

4. JD

JD Guest

RE:I'M IMPRESSED!

Thanks. After reading the negative comments on the board regarding 1st Premier I thought it would be an uphill battle, so I was pleased with the success. The account rep I dealt with was very pleasant and actually gave me his extension to call back in April when another card I have with them would be eligible for a reduced rate. His name was Jeff ext.8408 at 1st P 800-987-5521 if anyone is interested.

J

5. JD

JD Guest

Thanks. How easy is it to get the BK off my report. Is there any benefit to doing an online investigation rather than hard copy mail?

J

6. river

river Well-Known Member

I had a bk removed recently from all 3 CRA's by disputing Equifax online and Eperian and Transunion by phone.

7. JD

JD Guest

Are there any benefits to doing it over the phone?

Thanks
    J

8. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

hey river

what was the reason you gave the cra for wanting the bk removed.experian removed one but equifax wont I told them that I changed my mine and I did not go through with the bk, im still waiting on transunion.

9. river

river Well-Known Member

RE: hey river

I just stated that it didn't belong to me.Short,sweet and simple. rolo wrote:-------------------------------what was the reason you gave the cra for wanting the bk removed.experian removed one but equifax wont I told them that I changed my mine and I did not go through with the bk, im still waiting on transunion.