New kink at Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jonesing, Jul 6, 2001.

1. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

I called Providian's "Special Customer Service" line today for a limit increase. I spoke with a Retention rep back in May who told me that I would have to wait until my July statement cycles (7/3) before I would be eligible for some kind of offer (limit increase, APR reduction etc). So I called today and asked about a limit increase.

The rep said that they were now collecting salary info for such requests so she verified all my info (address, employer, salary, phone numbers). As soon as she got all the info she then tells me "...unfortunately we're not taking limit increase requests over the phone any more." grrrrrrrr!!!!! Evidently they are now going to review people automagically every month and when people become eligible for an increase, it will be sent by US mail! She then said it would be "quite a while" before I'm eligible for a limit increase because they just (4 months ago) lowered my APR.

Now I'm going to have to see if their story is the same by using my other account.

2. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I love how they go ahead and take your info, including salary, before telling you that they are no longer offering increases on the phone.

Great stuff for their database that they are probably selling. As if the interest rates they charge on the cards aren't enough to raise their profits.

Sorry to vent. Feeling that credit/CRA frustration today-GRRRRRRRRR.