new LivingSocial rewards visa card - a way to "double" rewards?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by doug77, May 24, 2012.

1. doug77

doug77 Member

Anyone hear about the new LivingSocial.com rewards card? Looks like it just launched.

I'm very interested in this because it's almost like doubling how far your rewards can go since things on Living Social tend to be half off or more. Seems like a great idea and one of the more interesting rewards cards out there. Not sure how many things I actually want to buy from Living Social though :)

Has anyone heard anything about a Groupon rewards card? Seems like that would make sense to follow...

2. Heather L

Heather L Well-Known Member

This sounds like a great rewards card. Here is how the rewards program works.

Five points per $1 spent on LivingSocial purchases
    Three points per $1 spent on dining
    One point per $1 spent on all other purchases

There are no limits on the amount of points a cardmember can earn, with 100 points equaling one LivingSocial Deal Buck. Deal Bucks are LivingSocial credits that are automatically applied to a card memberâ??s next purchase.

If you use the LivingSocial website often this could be a great card to save money.
    Thanks! Heather with BoostMyScore.NET

3. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

If you dine out a lot and are addicted to using Living Social, this card could be a good option, especially since it doesn't have an annual fee. However, there are definitely better rewards credit cards out there and I'm never a big fan of cards that restrict how you can use your points. I only purchase things from sites like Living Social every now and then, so I wouldn't want to have a bunch of credits built up making me feel like I "have" to buy something from them.

Also, there's no Groupon credit card yet, but I'm sure there will be very soon.