New MBNA Credit Card!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PSUgirl, May 29, 2001.

1. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I just got off the phone with mbna, recovery department.

I explained that I sent a payment for my entire balance on friday.

I asked if I could reopen my account.

He said that "you account is not closed, so when the payment posts, call customer service and ask them to re-issue you a new card and you will still have the 1000.00 credit line on the card"

YEAHHHH!

I get my Penn State Alumni credit card back.

Im supprised that mbna is going to still allow me to use the card. I had some bad experiences, with some lates....back in 1998.

But, ive always let them know what is going on with me and kept them updated. and ive kept my account current with no lates for the past year and 2 months. and I guess since im paying the balance off in full, it may look like i have HIGH WILLINGNESS TO PAY. i also have the abiltiy, and stability.

so now, i have:

Providian 200 limit
    capital one 2700 limit
    gm card 1500 limit
    household 1500 limit
    citi platinum 2500 limit
    citi dividend 900 limit
    citi click platinum 1000 linit
    mbna 1000 limit
    speigel charge 400 limit
    friedmans jewelers charge 500 limit

( i think that i have too much credit. for now...i cant get into any deep dept for the next year and a half...after that i have student loans to pay back. Ill probably close speigel, i dont shop there. Ill probably close providian if my limit doesnt increase. Ill keep capitalone for emergencies, ill combine household and gm eventually, and ill keep the citi platinum (my first platinum) and ill keep citi dividend (earns cash back) ill probably keep click citi for emergencies, and ill keep mbna.)

I love mbna for still giving me a chance!
    Have a good day everyone,

psugirl

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Great feeling to be able to keep your Penn State card. Keep us posted on GM and Household card combining. Have a Household Gold MasterCard with 3k limit and recently got their Platinum GM with 7500 limit. Would eventually like to combined cards into 1 card. Also since you work at MBNA, asked this question before, have 2 MBNA Platinum Plus Visas due to MBNA buying out SunTrust and First Tennessee recently, how easy to combine 13k on both cards into Quantum MasterCard. Also waiting a little on this move due to just receiving MBNA replacement for First Tennessee only about a month ago.

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

You are able to combine 2 mbna accounts call customer service at 800-421-2110.

You should have no problem if they have been opened for at least 6 months.

good luck

psugirl