New Message Board

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Greg, Mar 2, 2001.

1. Greg

Greg Guest

I hope I do not get alot of hate replies, but I must say it: I like this new website and all, but I was sort of fond of the other message board. I really like how the threads were in line with certain replies, instead of all down in one column now. If I am doing something wrong on how the items are listing, please advise.

Sorry :-Z

2. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I can't even use my old name - It doesn't fit! (I am "the other me"

I also have trouble following the conversation (you know, who is replying to whom?) Since all responses look like a reply to the initial post, you can't follow the threads.

3. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I like it the new way. I hated having to click all the time to read each message and each reply.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Author: the other (---.epn.eastgw.xerox.com)
    Date: 03-02-01 13:39

I can't even use my old name - It doesn't fit! (I am "the other me"

I also have trouble following the conversation (you know, who is replying to whom?) Since all responses look like a reply to the initial post, you can't follow the threads.
    ===========================================================
    I know what you mean-that is why I miss the old Quote Feature that was on the other board! LB
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Reply To Message
    Re: New Message Board
    Author: Erik (---.dsl.lax.megapath.net)
    Date: 03-02-01 14:21

I like it the new way. I hated having to click all the time to read each message and each reply.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    But it would still be nice to have the option if you wanted to do so:Lb
    IT WAS EASIER & QUICKER To Move Through the list of topics on the old board too :
    On the old Bd. it was simpler to find a specific subject ALSO>L b

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

The only thing I don't like is not being able to fit the CreditWorks name.

http://www.creditsense.com

6. other me

other me Guest

I like being able to read all the messages at once (on one screen), but it would be nice if you could tell which messages were replies to which other messages.

7. lbrown59

Author: other me (---.rochester.rr.com)
    Date: 03-03-01 07:38

I like being able to read all the messages at once (on one screen), but it would be nice if you could tell which messages were replies to which other messages.
    ==========================================================
    IT WOULD HELP A Lot if if everyone would Quote the message they are replying to like I just did yours above!

This is easy to do!
    Just high lite the message you are replying to,click on the high lited area and drag it down to the message box in the reply to message area!

Let me know if this helps,LB

8. other me

other me Guest

that's not the same. It's hard when I read a quoted message to determine which part is the quoted message and which part is the new message. And even if marked with lines, I don't always like to have to sift through a long message (due to quoting the previous message) just to get to someone's reply.

9. mvfl

mvfl Guest

If you don't like to see all the replies on one screen click on "Threaded" so use a threaded view. It will solve that. As far as the quote issue, PBM posted a message the other day to let us know they are working on that. Just do a search.

10. lbrown59

I agree it did seem simpler on the old board:
    ================================================
    Author: other me (---.rochester.rr.com)
    Date: 03-03-01 12:47

that's not the same. It's hard when I read a quoted message to determine which part is the quoted message and which part is the new message. And even if marked with lines, I don't always like to have to sift through a long message (due to quoting the previous message) just to get to someone's reply.

11. lbrown59

Know all this ;but new lay-out seems harder to use than old one.

============================================================

Author: mvfl (---.208.200.225.tampa1.level3.net)
    Date: 03-04-01 13:11

If you don't like to see all the replies on one screen click on "Threaded" so use a threaded view. It will solve that. As far as the quote issue, PBM posted a message the other day to let us know they are working on that. Just do a search.