NEW Millenium Bank!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ???, Nov 24, 2000.

1. ???

??? Guest

Does anyone have this card? Last year they sent me preapprovals...then asking for secured deposit... now they sending me that stuff again

2. ble103

ble103 Guest

It may be a scam.Don't do it.I havn't heard about any bank under this name.The holidays are here,and the scammers are here too.Just be very careful who you deal with.

3. TommyC

TommyC Guest

I got an offer from Millenium Bank about two months ago, that closely resemble First Premier-like marketing literature. The letter stated that you could apply for a visa and/or mastercard credit card with a credit line up to $5k. The catch is, you have to deposit a minimum of $200.00 for either or both cards. There is a membership fee associated with the card, a very expensive application fee of about $129.00 for each card or both cards and a processing fee of about $49.00 for each card. By the time you sent in your deposit, up to $5k, or worse yet, your minimum deposit of $200 for a card, you would have less than $20.00 available credit to use the card. On top of all these fees, they also charge the annual fee of $89.00 with the second billing cycle. So, if you sent in the minimum payment (after the first billing cycle), after depositing the minimum to get a card ($200.00), the over-the-limit fees of $29.00, start to kick in. What a joke of a credit card offer. I tore open the envelope to do the math, and kindly shredded their offer. There are better deals out there, even for the credit-challenged like myself and others. Have a look at Wells Fargo Bank's secured card (www.wellsfargo.com), if you really need a decent credit card with a low APR 14.5% and for an extra $25.00 annual fee per year, you can even earn frequent flyer miles, for every dollar you spend.
    Happy hunting, TommyC

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember receiving their solicitation last Spring. It was not impressive. As I read the info, they had high fees and No real credit limit. I think it is secured. Read the back. People need to read these things carefully, and then just throw them in the trash if they are scams.

roni

5. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

i recieved an application from them today. my offer has an annual fee of $59,a processing fee of $35.00 for a full privilege secure visa/master card.up to $5000.00 credit line. and a reinstatement fee of 70.00 per occurrence what ever that means what a rip off.

6. river

river Well-Known Member

I've recieved one also,it's a rip off!!!! I guess those that are really desperate and see no other alternative would go for thi and those like it.

7. TommyC

TommyC Guest

I see that Millenium Bank has toned down their fees a bit, but I still think they are too high. Has anyone tried Umbrella Bank's www.umbrellabank.com)Secured Credit Card? Just Curious, if they are what they purport to be? Thanks, TommyC

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I have the New Millennium Bank visa card. I got it in April of this year. If I remember correctly, there was a $35 processing fee plus your deposit for your line of credit. An annual fee I believe was $49 and was applied to your balance on the first billing. Haven't had any problems with it.

9. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

Hey IKH what is your credit limit. is it $5000.00

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Your credit limit is equal to the amount of your deposit. I was told they do not have unsecured cards.