New Poster (long)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by My2kGT, Apr 2, 2001.

1. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone! I just wanted to say thanks for all the helpful information and sharing of ideas. Without places like these I don't think we would stand a chance against the Big 3. Now on to my situation I would like to share. I have some specific points I would like to ask about as well. And yes, I just joined Junum.com as well. Here is my profile.

21yr old

603 Fico

1 Collection Acct from'97 $46 Paid (**I WAS UNDER 18** When established and sent to collections)

1 Cell phone acct CLOSED was open for 18 mo nothing neg

1 Amex Blue Authorized User acct reported for 3 months now CLOSED it's reporting as "Terminated" nothing other neg reported.

1 Associates CC 30 days past due 02 times; 60 days past due 01 times now CLOSED

1 Secured Bank of America CC 30 days past due 01 times CLOSED

1 Orchard Bank CC 30 days past due 01 times CLOSED

1 First Premier CC 30 days past due 02 times OPEN

1 Cap 1 CC Nothing Neg OPEN

1 Providian/Aria Nothing Neg OPEN

1 Car Loan (Joint) Open Nothing Neg

Just applied and recieved dept store cc not yet reported.

Now I have questions, can I get the Amex Card to be completley removed from my report I don't want to be held liable for any neg on that acct. Which is a real possibilty.

More importantly can I have any real chance at remove the Collection, based on the fact I was not 18 when inccurred debt or when it was sent to collections.

I really want to get a Amex card, Citi AAdvantage and a card from Associates but associates turned me down because "Collection or other delinquent on file" Anybody else out there in this situation or any advice would be very helpful! I have been lurking on this board for about 2 weeks before I spoke, up but now I hope to get to know you all! I look foward to sharing my suggestions and ideas with everyone.
    _________

My2kGT

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Welcome,
    Good to start young :)

What state are you in (for SOL)?

As for liability there are 2 seperate SOL's one for the debt and one for the reporting of the debt. In all states it is different.

I joined Junum too. At least you can relax and let them do the work. You do not have to worry about causing a mistake doing things yourself and have them report that Amex debt as "validated by you".

As for the pre 18 year old liability issues I am not sure, but I am sure someone will. Glad to have you aboard. Good luck with Junum.

BTW is your car loan tor a new Mustang? (My2kGT) :)

-Dave

3. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave, Actually it's a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. Not quite a match for a Mustang, he he.

As for the SOL, I'm in Washington State, but I do not know my liability for the debt. As I think the owner of the Amex card may go deliq on that card, or worse file bankrupcy. This person is the other part of Joint on my auto loan, but I'm the one keeping that afloat at the moment.

My2kGT

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

My2k,
    Since there are no negs on this Amex account and the account is closed I do not think that if the Cardholder goes BK it will affect this particular tradeline reporting. But I understand your need to want it removed quickly.

I would not do ANY disputing on your own while Junum is active, rather I would call Jumum and mention to them that you need this AU account removed and disputed with Amex as "not mine" first (or next).

I doubt they will say they recommend you do anything on your own, but if they say you can dispute that with Amex on your own while they are doing their work on your report, there are ways. Especially since the account is 3 months old.

I read an earlier post where someone with Discover mentioned this similar problem with his ex and he was AU and worried she would damage his report...he disputed it to Discover as "account not mine" and to send proof of signature, since he never signed the application...Discover removed the AU tradeline from all 3 CRAs. Some credit card companies are easier to deal with but Discover and Amex are similar. Let us know what Junum says though because others are interested in what if anything we can do while Junum is proceeding.

-Dave

PS...Actually I like the Mitsubishi better, the Mustang is more powerful but handles like death especially in snow, anyway the only Stangs to own are older ones for style and power :)

5. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

I'm not docking the Eclipse, I like them better than the Mustangs any day, there just not as fast unless you drop like 5 large into them for upgrades...thanks for all the info on the Amex card, I started a online dispute w/equifax, if that doesn't work out I will call Amex myself.

My2kGT