New Secured Optima Program

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by niecy25, Jan 5, 2001.

1. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

Just a quick update. I just got off the phone with one of the execs over the new secured program. She said that they are indeed planning to roll the new card off in the 1st quarter however she said they are not ready yet.

She said I am first on her list(read my phone number off to me )to call as soon as the program is ready to be launched. So as soon as I get that call I will let everyone know all the details.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hey, have you read Michael's post on the Am/Ex Gold and Platinum card through Fidelity? All you have to do supposedly is open up a brokerage account w/ $5k in it and Am/Ex will give you a gold card. Current customers who have the gold card can upgrade to platinum. I'm still investigating this and might go in this direction.

3. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Niecy,

Thanks for keeping us updated on this....

MP$40, I'd love to be in a position to go for the Fidelity account thing...somehow, I don't think they'd let me take my 401K and move it over to that sort of account, though, LOL...

Cheers,
    Cindy

4. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

I read that but it I thought somebody replied that the application look like amex and that it might not be that easy to get. Maybe I read it wrong but if you go that way and get it let me know as soon as possible because I could do that too at the end of the month

5. Cadillac408

Cindy,

Fidelity only requires $2500 to open the account. Maybe you could borrow out of your 401k and put it in there? Then make payments until your account reaches $5k? Just trying to help! :)

I have my 401k w/ Fidelity also. I couldn't move money over to their brokerage account even if I wanted to. There's only like $500 in there! :-D

6. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

MP$40,

That's not a half bad idea, there. I didn't know about the $2500 requirement (I really should read the small print!). I have been very pleased with Fidelity, and am going to give this serious consideration.

Cheers,
    Cindy

7. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Why not start up an account with Amex? I will find out Monday at work what the deal is with the card and accounts. I see apps around the supply room but haven't really got to know anyone well enough to ask?

8. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Fidelity AMEX

MP - I believe 100% AMEX pulls credit.
    BUT, I believe they will overlook most anything EXCEPT past due balances to AMEX.
    After 22 yrs I repaid an old AMEX debt for $1100.

I was approved for the Green Card the following week.

CYA Dog

9. Cadillac408

RE: Fidelity AMEX

Yes, you are right! Am/Ex pulled a HARD inquiry when my boyfriend added me as an authorized user. I personally think that 1. they were checking to make sure that I didn't have any MAJOR MAJOR stuff on my reports and 2. that I was a real person w/ a verifiable SSN and not MP his pet cat!

Well, whatever....I just first want to invest my money and not blow it off like I usually do on bs. Fidelity offering an Am/Ex Gold debit card (basically) that you can upgrade to PLATINUM is all the better. I was just going over the Platinum benifits and was totally BLOWN AWAY!

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: Fidelity AMEX - Pet Cat

Should I comment? :)