NEW SECURED-UMBRELLA BANK

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Michael, Jul 15, 2000.

1. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: You are obviously in the w

Katie, I didn't care for your scare tactics and PROVEN wrong information to Mary and compounding it by trying to place the blame on Michael when the only "reckless" thing would be if anybody cared to follow your advice and then try to justify your remarks by giving "I'm the expert around here because I worked some in the financial and now law profession" line to Michael. Whoopee, perhaps we'll give you a medal for that.

As for the "insults" (far more of those in your posts directed at various people but I guess you don't see them as such).

Admit the fact that you make mistakes and incorrect statements without having to have the truth rammed down your throat by an increasing number of persons while you stay intransigent to the bloody end.

The fact that you have "insisted" that your an expert in the credit field places your words to a much higher standard and to a much greater degree of scrutiny.

Don't take the similar attitude of "I'll never recant anything I say" as do various self-proclaimed experts on other boards. Invariably, these individuals all get "run off" these boards by a membership increasingly sick of them.

Its obvious you (and a very few others) completely don't comprehend what this board is about. First off

ITS NOT A CREDIT SUPPORT SITE

There are no counselors that individuals can lay their virtual sobbing heads on their virtual shoulders while they murmer quiet, pleasant platitudes.

It is a CREDIT MESSAGE BOARD

It is a freeform discussion where the individuals themselves decide how they will post and how they will respond. The only limitations made by the management is no spamming and no unnecessary flaming.

In fact the topic itself is not set in stone but only maintained by a majority of the participating individuals.

That same majority sets the tone of the posts, and on this board if people think what you say is "full of sh*t" they'll let you know about it quicker than any other credit board on the net and if you think I'm exempt, think again, though sometimes it may hurt my pride usually I appreciate the correction.

One interesting observation I notice an increasing number of contributers are voicing their displeasure at individuals who refuse to do a search before posting topics that have been discussed repeatedly. Did you truly believe I was the only one?

Obviously, you are seeking some other type of forum may I suggest

http://www.carreonandassociates.com/indexer.htm

I sure Kristy will let you cry on her shoulder

If not there's always

http://www.womenscredit.com/

http://www.creditland.com/index.jsp

You can allay your fears about the big bad credit world here for as they say

"Relax. You've got us on your side."

http://www.anything4credit.com/

Very very friendly and they even have a credit board, unfortunately posts are very scare but look at it this way there are no "smart aleck" remarks or any controversy for that matter. Just maaaaaaahhhhvvvaaaallloous

Oh if you don't mind take FISH with you, he doesn't seem to like it here.

2. there's a

there's a Guest

those people were being laughed at because they were stupid, as are the posts that generate cynical responses

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Forgot to apply for that one :)

4. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

There's a very good reason why the G&L card is pink. While everyone is familiar with the yellow stars the Nazis made the Jews wear, the Nazis made known male homosexuals wear pink triangles and lesbians wear black triangles. Some 60 years later, we've adopted them as 'pride symbols', lest we not forget what happened.

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Do you know if there is such a credit card? Can you describe it for me?

Thanks

Steven Z wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I have no doubt we'll hear more about it, the question is will we care.

For a secured card to truly stand out it will have to offer the following attributes.

1. GUARANTEED APPROVAL
    2. No credit check
    3. No income check
    4. No employment check
    5. No Chequing or savings account required
    6. No activation fees, processing fees, participation fees, sign-up fees etc. etc.
    7. No yearly fee higher than $50
    8. No fees for credit limit increases
    9. Interest rate no higher than 19.9%
    10. Toll free number with absolutely no charges
    11. GRACE PERIOD at least 20 days
    12. Online payment
    13. No tie-in product slamming

* Additional thoughts are most welcome

It goes without saying that this card will report to all 3 CRA's and be reported as unsecured.

6. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: to Michael

No problem I've got thick skin, I'm still just amazed at the responses my post got, especially when I expected no responses at all!

7. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

RE: to Michael

Look at it this way there are any number of persons who moan when nobody at all responds to their post.

Perhaps they should include "My cc company sent somebody to shoot my puppy" in their tagline :)

8. FISH

FISH Guest

I happen to like the good info received on this board but it is the smart remarks to someone new that is asking for help that uncalled for so give it a rest

9. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Do you hold that same position for somebody who say has been here for 6+ months (read Rock) and should know better?