New service but looks odd

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 19, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

http://www.creditminders.com/

I have seen this posted at various boards and something seems off about it.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Registrant:
    CreditMinders, Inc. (CREDITMINDERS-DOM)
    1310 RR 620 South Suite B-200
    Austin, TX 78749
    US

Domain Name: CREDITMINDERS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
    Hostmaster, CreditMinders (HC7026-ORG) hostmaster@CREDITMINDERS.COM
    CreditMinders
    1310 RR620 South, Suite B-200
    Austin , TX 78734
    US
    (512)263-7003
    Fax- - (512)263-7004
    Billing Contact:
    Accounting, CreditMinders (AC18232-OR) accounting@CREDITMINDERS.COM
    CreditMinders
    1310 RR620 South, Suite B-200
    Austin , TX 78734
    US
    (512)263-7003
    Fax- - (512)263-7004

Record last updated on 06-Sep-2001.
    Record expires on 13-Jul-2005.
    Record created on 13-Jul-1999.
    Database last updated on 19-Oct-2001 06:34:00 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.INFLOW.NET 209.119.36.3
    NS1.RDU.INFLOW.NET 209.116.84.115

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Looks like a new version of a "worthknowing.com" site pulling from your EQF file. I wonder if Equifax would verify they're a third party supplier or if all the reports you pull would show up as hard inqs.

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

It's a small website with only about 8 pages or so. It has no security features at all, and you can just pull up any page on the entire site, so I'd be a bit leery of giving them any info at all, even a sign up info sheet most websites have.

Did you notice the colored gal in the last photo on the front page?
    They stole that photo. That gal as become about as famous as Marilyn Monroe for being seen everywhere. Not much info on any of their pages and I pulled up all of the pages on the website except their member login sheet with no problem at all.

Most properly secured sites have some pages they don't let you into when you aren't a member. This site lets you pull up any and all pages on the entire site. All you have to do is find them and that's no biggie if you have the right software that can spider any site and come up with every page on it.

Not a great site by any means.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That's not very PC Bill....

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Bill's a redneck ;)

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bkev:
    And pray tell what is wrong with stating the fact that the gal in the picture (regardless of race, creed, national origin or political or religious affiliations) has been touted on a very large number of websites around the internet and that the picture was most likley filched from some other website?

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Nothing... did I say it was? I just said that your description of her was not very politically correct.

9. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I have to stop this car...................

Shawn

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Bkev
    That's not very PC Bill....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PC SUCKS.

11. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

The sign up page has a securty feature for me, but a funny thing I noticed is that it was created just yesterday.
    Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.

12. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Far too many questions.....talk about a haven for identity thieves.......scared me away.

13. supershawn

Yeah, I looked at that too. Look in the source for the explanation...That page is not a true 'static' homepage, it is dynamicaly created by a script. They are parsing PHP in the HTML through a CGI script. The quick tip off is the Header and Footer PERL (.epl) scripts. <!--- is a pretty standard format for 'clean' coders to demark borders between static and dynamic page parts. Looks like they are throwing a dynamic header and footer around a static HTML body.

I am guessing the data in blue (build, etc) is telling the compilation info on the page to make it easier to report errors...kinda weird.

If you try to log in it switches to SSL, thats a good
    sign.

The programmer obviously has a sense of humor. Note his tag line at the end of the code....

</table>
    <! your server is cartman
    please tip well >
    </div>

They are a Incorporated in Delaware (who isn't) according to www.companycorporation.com

They are valid through Verisign https://digitalid.verisign.com/cgi-...issuerSerial=520288ae112c10da199d0edc7cbfdc0e

Here is an article about them http://www.fastcompany.com/online/40/jellis.html

Who knows if they are any good, but I think they are legit (really, Breeze, I mean it this time...)

Hope this helps!

Shawn

14. supershawn

Also,

They pull Equifax- soft inquiry.

You get 4 a year for 16.95.

You can quit for a FULL refund up to the first 6 months.

I just signed up...checking it out.

I figure I'll get my free report and look around at the lender info, can always quit and get a full refund.

Nice Calculators!

Shawn

15. fla-tan

fla-tan Well-Known Member

Shawn

Thanks for the zen moment

roflao

Brian

16. supershawn

Thanks!

I like yesterdays a little better but this ones pretty good too.

Shawn

Guys- creditminders.com is pretty good. Four reports for 17.00 is pretty good if you are in a state that has to pay for reports.

The calculators are great! You can get to those for free in the 'learning center'. The refi calc is one of the best online (no download) one I have seen.

I think there are better options for montoring your report, but it does seem to have a neat feature. It looks like you can submit your 'digital profile' (credit report, etc) saved on the site to a lot of different lenders for quotes/approval info WITHOUT actually submitting an app for inquiry.

Now, THAT might be worth the $17.00

I'm still checking it out....

Shawn

17. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Shawn, your Zen moment made my day!!!

18. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I can't see your Zen Moment, Shawn... BUT while you are at it, check out my website. There's a little Osama Poetry there. Click on my name and it will take you to my site.

PS: I am not selling anything there....

19. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Shawn, you are a very talented guy. Thanks for another great zen moment.

www.creditsense.com

20. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

That is the message I got when I tried to look at the ZEN moment. :(

I WANNA SEE TOO!!!!