New to boards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by holis, Aug 6, 2003.

1. holis

holis Well-Known Member

Hiya all

Great resource here, Just wish i had found it sooner :)

I have done my homework (I think) and read the faq and the other sticky posts at the top of this forum, however, i have a few questions. Respond if you have time :)

- I dont see anything specific about SoL in Texas

- My scores are all in the low 500's due to lots of old medical collections. I started the process yesterday by sending the validation letters to the CA's (Certified, return receipt, 20 of them ACK!) I am unclear as to what the next step is..... Do i now wait a month and dispute directly with the 3 CRA's ?
    --- What do i do if these CA's dont respond to my initial Validation letter ? How long do i wait before sending a followup ?

I appreciate any feedback presented here and thank you in advance for your assistance.

Holis

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*I don't see anything specific about SoL in Texas.
    2*..... Do i now wait a month and dispute directly with the 3 CRA's ?
    3*--- What do i do if these CA's don't respond to my initial Validation letter ?
    4*How long do i wait before sending a followup ?
    Holis
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++
    .1*Why chat has a site for SOLs
    2*Dispute when you get the green card back from the CA
    3*Rejoyce- that's what you want.
    4*30 days after the CA signs the Green Card send the CA the estoppel letter.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """""""""```~~~```'"""""""""

3. holis

holis Well-Known Member

Thank you for the response.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

5. holis

holis Well-Known Member

Re: Re: New to boards

Question on Sol -- This website shows that Texas has a SoL of 4 years for written contracts and other non judgments.

How can i use this information to remove a 5 year old collection ?

Thanks in advance!

6. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Re: Re: New to boards

I think you're confusing the two things. The SOL is the period of time they have to collect a debt. If they sue you, you have to go to court and claim that the Statue of Limitations to collect has passed, and when you prove that, the case will be dismissed.

That has nothing to do with the reporting. A derogatory item can be reported for seven years on your credit report. To get it off your report, you either have to get the creditor to remove it, or dispute it with the credit bureau and hope they can't validate the debt. If they can't validate it they'll have to remove it.