New to forum - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ray G., Mar 8, 2001.

1. Ray G.

Ray G. Guest

Re: New to forum - PLEASE HELP

River,

You do not understand something. I do NOT want to freeze the 24.9% interest rate I have now. I had 13.9% until 2 consecutive payments were received late by them at the beginning of 2000. I'm not talking 2 months without paying; I mean 1 payment past 30 days and the next payment past 30 days. The interest rate went up by 11% on all 3 accounts. Since then, I have tried explaining the reasons why my payments were late and they tell me that the only way they could consider lowering my rates again is if I make 6 consecutive timely payments. Their slogan is "where the right relationship is everything." I've almost begged them to follow it and work with me, lower my rate so I can make those consecutive payments and they say they can't until I make them... and so on... and so on.

I am fed up with CHASE and just want them out of my life. I will do whatever it takes to get rid of the debts, whether pay them off or get rid of them somehow. I do not feel obligated to pay all the extra money accrued based on an unfair interest rate.

However, my priority # 1 now is to clean my credit. Maybe I'm wrong, but I do have an immediate "need." Not only have I been ready to buy a new car for almost a year now, but I also want to get a loan to pay off the cards and, eventually, buy a home.

ARGH!!!

Thanks, all.

2. river

river Well-Known Member

You don't understand that Chase is in the driver seat and has been from beginning and also has insurance to cover consumers defaults.Because you don't want to pay the 24.9% , I understand,but they have that right,as do others,that when you are late,interest goes up.Looks like at one time you had a good thing going on with Chase to have had 3 cards,but from the reputation and consumer complaints that have been floating around lately about "Chase doesn't play",I wouldn't hold my breath.JMO.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

River wrote:
    >
    > You don't understand that Chase is in the driver seat====
    ================================== They may be;but it's time some one nailed them good for reckless driving lb.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    and has
    > been from beginning and also has insurance to cover consumers__________________
    ================It's high time for that rite to be taken away from them!-----------
    ---------------------------------------------------

Looks like at one time you had
    > a good thing going on with Chase to have had 3 cards,but from
    > the reputation and consumer complaints that have been
    > floating around lately about "Chase doesn't play",I wouldn't
    > hold my breath.JMO.

4. river

river Well-Known Member

ib...would take...

the "act" of congress to get anywhere...have you ever thought about being a lobbist at the hill representing,"consumers rights to fair interest rates".Sorry,bet it wouldn't do any good. You would be wasting your time.