Newbie in need of guidance.

Discussion in 'Sample Letters' started by nixiejean, May 7, 2015.

1. nixiejean

nixiejean Member

I am in possession of all 3 credit reports. For both my husband and I. I do have to wait until June to pull Equifax for myself. I started the dispute process for one item at a time but I've not gotten very far. I waited to hear back from those before moving forward. Glad I did because I've now stumbled across this site. We've been slowly trying to repair our credit for a year now. By just making payments on time we've increased them all to an average of 640 for him and 620 for me. 100 point increase.

We have pretty much everything on our reports, its literally a clusterf*** of negatives. Everything from collection accounts to a repo to charge offs to late payments. I was advised to start with the collections which I am. I've gotten 2 removed from Transunion so far. Now. ALL negatives begin from 2006 to 2008. I knew I had to wait it out for most to fall off. We would continue waiting however we need to move, ie buy a new home.
    There is so much that I need guidance.. I HAVE taken note of several date off and days late after the accounts were closed and paid off.

Where do I begin? Continue to dispute the collections until I can move on? Do I do this all at once? What forms do I use? If any. Also. Everything had been paid in full. There are NO balances on any old accounts. I'm just unsure of how exactly to proceed and who I contact. The creditors? The credit beuras?

Thanks!