Newbie....Please help!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by seahorse, Aug 25, 2003.

1. seahorse

seahorse New Member

Please someone help me!! I have a question regarding Wolpoff & Abramson which, after reading several threads about these guys, I'm not sure I want to hear the answer! I have an old Providian Mastercard account which has charged off, and I recently started receiving calls from W&A. I haven't ever spoken with anyone, because I didn't know who they were when they popped up on my caller I.D, and I figured if it was important they'd send me something in writing. So, after investigating, I've learned that they are basically an evil-ass collection agency. They have been calling for a few months now, but I haven't received anything written from them. They don't even leave messages on my answering machine...Can they do anything if they haven't sent me anything in writing? Does this mean that they perhaps don't have a current address for me? Should I call them back and talk with them? It sounds like they're impossible to deal with... If they've never talked to me and never sent me anything, can they proceed with a judgement????? I'm so nervous about this....any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*Can they do anything if they haven't sent me anything in writing?
    2*Does this mean that they perhaps don't have a current address for me?
    3*Should I call them back and talk with them?
    4*It sounds like they're impossible to deal with...
    5**If they've never talked to me and never sent me anything, can they proceed with a judgment??
    6*I'm so nervous about this.... !
    seahorse
    =============
    1*They can sue
    2*Not necessarily!
    3*Rule # 0ne don't talk to A CA on the phone.
    4*On their terms yes-So don't deal with them on their terms.
    5*Only a court of law can issue a judgment.
    6*Get over it by knowing and enforcing your rights.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''