Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JQ, Oct 18, 2000.

1. JQ

JQ Guest

Hi again! Got another question for the group! OK, I have a collection agency on my reports on an old credit card. It lists "Original creditor: Associates National Bank" on Experian and it lists "Factoring Company Account- Associates National Bank". I wrote a letter to Associates asking them to verify the inquiry information in which they replied that anything having to do with that account would be deleted. Now the collection agency has a new account number for the account. And they have put 5-6 inquiries on each report listed as collection or unspecified, but have never contacted me. This is the first I've heard of them. My question is: Since the original creditor is listed as Associates National Bank, shouldn't this be removed? or does this mean that this collection agency has bought the account?
    Thanks!
    JQ

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

You said they put inquiries?? Or do you mean they have listed this on your account as a charge off/collection?? If Associates charged this off then the collection agency probably bought it for pennies on the dollar. What is the amount and what date is it from?

3. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

they did the same thing to my wife.. they put inquires on there as collection purpose. we'll probably dispute that.

4. JQ

JQ Guest

Yes to both. They have put about 5-6 inquiries on my reports over the past year. On Experian they are listed as collection purposes and unspecified purposes. The account was charged off on 3/2000. The date of last activity was in 1998. The amount is for $1665.00, but according to my records it should be $1235.00 (which is why I asked for the verification). They are updating it every month. Hope that answers your questions :) Thanks for the help!!

Jeni