Newbie seeking some advice!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by VPJ, Apr 8, 2001.

1. VPJ

VPJ Guest

Have been following posts here and have finally gathered some courage to tackle my credit situation proactively. As with many, I hit several lows over the years with juggling school, trying to survive, and then recently with being laid-off. My FICO score is 456!! I can use any help/advice towards a credit repair strategy. Thanks is advance.

Received my Experian and Equifax reports and here are the summaries:

Experian has:
    6 negatives
    - 1 past Paid/Past due 150 days last reported 6/96
    - 5 Charge offs for accounts opened from 1/98 to 3/99
    1 positive
    - Car finance status: open/never late opened: 10/99 and down from 14.5k to 10.5k
    5 inquiries (1 in 2001, 4 in 1999)

Equifax has
    1 collection agency
    - for account with First Union for $118 with last activity 1/97 (This is not mine for sure!)
    3 pays as agreed
    - 1 Auto finance same as above
    - 2 accounts from 1991 which were secured loans and were paid and closed in 1993 and 1994
    1 Paid account/Zero balance showing 120 + days past due from 3/92 with last activity in 6/96
    4 Charged off accounts
    - 3 credit cards
    - 1 closed account with JCPenney from 3/89 last activity 1/97 (not mine!!)
    2 Closed accounts 120+ days past due credit cards

33 inquiries from 5/99 thru 4/01. Many are repeats such as nextel twice in 2 weeks, Household auto finance 3 time in 1 week!!!

Still waiting on TRW.

Please please respond.

VPJ

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

3. VPJ

VPJ Guest

Re: Newbie seeking some advice

Thanks MP$40
    I have contemplated signing up. Have u had any experience with them yourself? If so, please share. Also, do they also dispute inquiries?

I have electronic copies of my reports. Can I email these to them to get the process started ASAP?

I know these are a lot of questions, any help is appreciated.

VPJ

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Re: Newbie seeking some advice

Yes I have been using them since the beginning of December 2000. I've gotten pretty decent results (40% deletion rate) from them. Do a search on this board under "Junum" and read previous threads.

And....to be fair, there is also Lexington Law Firm. You can do a search on them as well....

5. VPJ

VPJ Guest

To: Lizardking and others

Thanks MP$40, signed up with Junum this morning.

Is there anything I should do in the meantime? I want to place a call to Experian and Equifax, but hesitate b/c I dont know if that would interfere with what Junum would be doing.

What strategy would you recommend? Let Junum do their thing or take a two-pronged approach?

Thanks