Newbie w/some success

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by momtoboys, Jul 8, 2010.

1. momtoboys

momtoboys New Member

Hello - I have been reading this forum for several weeks now and just joined. I have sent letters to all 3 CRAs for myself and my husband. TU responded first.

Hubby:
    Personal Info: Updated
    CPU/CitiBank : Deleted
    Home Depot 30, 60, 90 day: Acct info disputed by consumr - is this ok or the same as verified? Home Depot did not put the entire purchase under "no interest, no payment" promotion. They were notified many times. The purchase was paid in full before the promotional ended.
    Chevron $3 charge off: Deleted

Me:
    CPU/Citibank 30 day late: verified. no change - I will send a goodwill letter.
    Home Depot 30 day late: Acct info disputed by consumr - is this ok or the same as verified? I will send a goodwill letter.
    Chevron $3 charge off: Deleted
    Kohls/Chase 30 day late: Acct info disputed by consumr - Kohl's is sending me a letter to update the CRA's.

My question is the statement -"Acct info disputed by consumr" the same as "verified"?

I have searched the forums for an answer but did not find one.

Thanks for all the help.

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the notation that reads "Acct info disputed by consumr" simply means that you've disputed the account and the CRA is currently in the process of verifying if the information is accurate. I doesn't mean that it's been verified yet, but they do need to show that it's being disputed.

3. momtoboys

momtoboys New Member

Yes that is what I was asking. If after 30 days that comment does not change, do I send a request asking for the items to be removed?

Thank you for responding.

4. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

You're quite welcome.

They should remove it when the dispute process is complete, which should be within 30 days. If they haven't, then yes, I would follow up to find out what the deal is.