Newcomers to board are being..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by river, Mar 21, 2001.

1. river

river Well-Known Member

I have noticed lately that the newcomers to the board are being insulted in a "nasty nice" way for their questions.I was under the impression that this was a "credit- repairing and credit-building" forum.I understand and realize that some "of you" are out of subprime land and have graduated to prime and primer,but we should still be courtesty to the ones that are where "you all" were at one time before.I see some of you primers are so over-extended due to "too many" accounts,but are still applying and being denied.Looks as though some have "played themselves out" and are frustrated and become sarcastic toward the underdogs.Gen X is just discovering,after making their mistakes and now are mature enough to see their mistakes and want to reform,for lack of a better word,and are depending on the "elders" for advice and not insults and sarcasm.Don't really expect a few of you to respond and don't really care,but I bet there will be one "example" of what I am speaking of to answer this post.Lets try alittle harder to be supportive.JMHO.

2. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Re: Newcomers to board are bei

River:

Yeah, I noticed most of them will not even give me the time of day. I guess they are too good to answer such a poor credit challenged lady's questions. Ah well, you know what they say, what goes around comes around. But thanks for the kind message just the same.

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I feel quite the opposite. While there are some people who snap out trite responses (As a kid I remember reading a section of Mad Magazine called "Snappy answers to stupid questions"), the majority of the people here post legitimate helpful and polite responses. I do agree that there are a few who need to be curbed and most likely are just kids "messing around". As an adult it is easier to read past the crap but it does get frustrating at times. All-in-all I think it is a good group and as a newcomer myself I have gained lots of insight from the "elders" here. I am sorry you feel slighted. All I can say is try posting again and see what response you get.

-Dave

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Here is a GREAT example of the rudeness:

Author: sam (---.homecom.com)
    Date: 03-21-01 09:48

Hay sleepy? I pay off my balances every month. I think i know that cash rules, what are you telling me? Obviously nothing that i don't know already. However using your credit cards to pay all of your expenses, then writing a single check or ACH transfer, rules even more. There is no messy checkbook to keep tabs of, I don't have to count the change in my pockets when i want to buy something, and I can see my expenses online.

Think a little harder, about your comments, they don't impress anybody here. Also , why dont you spend some of that cash and get a broadband isp? Too poor? oh well..

5. river

river Well-Known Member

Nave

I really wouldn't call myself a newcomer to this forum.And I don't feel slighted at all. I wasn't speaking for myself,it was for the newcomers I was speaking of...I have gotten excellent advice and have come a long ways since I discovered this forum last September. I think you sort of.... "missed the boat on this one".I wish you the best in your goals and achievments in creating your ideal credit portfolio.

6. other me

other me Guest

re: Joe

I think that is a bad example because that was in response to a post that was downright uncalled for (the original poster was probably bobby).

I think part of the problem is that we have had so many people come on and just blasting away at everyone that people some times don't know who they are dealing with.

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Those comments were a reply to some childlike-bobby-like character. The mods deleted the message i was replying to and the reply there after. If you read the comments in the context of what the idiot was telling me (something about cash rules you idiot if i remember).......

i don't particularly like being called an what "sleepy" did.

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Newcomers to board are being..
    Author: River (---.knology.net)
    Date: 03-21-01 12:50

I have noticed lately that the newcomers to the board are being insulted in a "nasty nice" way for their questions.I was under the impression that this was a "credit- repairing and credit-building" forum.I understand and realize that some "of you" are out of subprime land and have graduated to prime and primer,but we should still be courtesty to the ones that are where "you all" were at one time before.I see some of you primers are so over-extended due to "too many" accounts,but are still applying and being denied.Looks as though some have "played themselves out" and are frustrated and become sarcastic toward the underdogs.Gen X is just discovering,after making their mistakes and now are mature enough to see their mistakes and want to reform,for lack of a better word,and are depending on the "elders" for advice and not insults and sarcasm.Don't really expect a few of you to respond and don't really care,but I bet there will be one "example" of what I am speaking of to answer this post.Lets try alittle harder to be supportive.JMHO.

Reply To Message == good post

9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Sorry for using that message as an example. Whew....I wish we could all tell who was "real" and who wants to give us a hard time. Again, sorry about the confusion.

10. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I hope newcomers are not feeling slighted. I have come a long way improving my credit. Thanks to this board. I am not a shallow person. I feel that when good credit is achieved, the hardest part is keeping it good. That takes work. I have learned a lot, but by no means know everything. I will continue to share my experiences in hopes that it helps someone else and I will continue to absorb everyone else's experiences for my personal gain. I have stated before that I believe (for most) if you have battled back from bad credit, you tend to appreciate what you have more so that someone who has always had it. I appreciate everyone on this board and owe you all a big thanks!

11. Russ

Russ Guest

re:yes

Right on River!