newly cleaned up credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by chriss, Apr 3, 2000.

1. chriss

chriss Guest

I have just recently cleaned up all on my credit report except the inquiries. Sent a letter regarding those to the credit agencies. Now how long should I wait to try to get credit so that I can establish some good credit. I applied for the capitol one card last week. I did not get a response yet but I am scared to apply for any more. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also does anyone know of a store that may issue me a card even though I have all those damn inquiries?

2. Barry N

Barry N Guest

Chriss,

Congrats on your hard work. If you were not instantly approved by Cap One, then I would not try for a while. It normally takes you 90 days to see the scores rise. Let things dormant for a couple months before hitting it again. BTW, some people also say it is better to apply for credit at the end of the month... it appears scores do flucuate during a the month, and they are highest at the end.

Good Luck,

Barry Noret
    CreditMania.com, Inc.
    A Unique Personal Finance Portal
    http://creditmania.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    *About our suggestions:
    We respond to your questions and make
    no claims that our suggestions will fit
    your exact needs. This is for informational
    purposes only and should never be construed
    as legal advice.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Kathy

Kathy Guest

chriss, Can you give me any tips on how you went about cleaning up your credit? (congrats, by the way!) Everything on our CR is OLD like 8-10 years but is showing up still, anyway! Help!! How do I go about getting these removed..and how do I get a copy of my 3 credit reports without paying an arm and a leg?