Newspaper statement regarding

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Paul, Jul 13, 2000.

1. Paul

Paul Guest

The July 9th Business section of the Milwaukee Journal has a small article explaining the dangers of too many inquiries on your credit report.

However, within it is the statement that:

"... file all your applications within a short period of time. That's because all credit inquiries made within a two-week time period are considered just one inquiry, while those made over a longer period are counted as seperate. So if you are shopping for a loan or credit-card rate, do it all at once."

Is there any truth to this? I am assuming that all inquiries still show up on your credit report, but the credit score is affected differently.

2. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

RE: Newspaper statement regard

The way that works is if a potential lender "shops your loan request" then it can only be counted as one inquiry within a 30 day period.(example: Car dealer submits your app to 15 lenders) If you individually apply at different lenders rather then a creditor loan shopping you, then those INQ's will count each time.
    Kristi
    CarreonandAssociates.com

Paul wrote:
    -------------------------------
    The July 9th Business section of the Milwaukee Journal has a small article explaining the dangers of too many inquiries on your credit report.

However, within it is the statement that:

"... file all your applications within a short period of time. That's because all credit inquiries made within a two-week time period are considered just one inquiry, while those made over a longer period are counted as seperate. So if you are shopping for a loan or credit-card rate, do it all at once."

Is there any truth to this? I am assuming that all inquiries still show up on your credit report, but the credit score is affected differently.

3. Keith

Keith Guest

Kristi,

Please tell me about your company and how they help with credit reports. How can i be sure that your company is legitimate?

4. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

Sure Keith:
    Sorry not to have answered earlier but I just found your question in the older messages section.

Our company is a financial broker firm. We specialize in credit & debt and outsource what you are looking for to our merchant partners or vendors. By going to Carreon & Associates, you get the benefits of free information, no membership fees and very very inexpensive credit tools such as the download manual for 13.00 or the full credit assessment for 39.00. You can ask others here about our plans, as some- quite a few have ordered evaluations from us in the past. We focus on SELF-help tools so you can succeed on your own. But, if you want professional help we refer you to our debt negotiators, credit repair firms and debt management counselors. The one core product we focus on is giving consumers a place to go for free facts and information. I myself have been with Carreon & Associates for several years and previously functioned as a credit union default manager and now do training for the financial field. We have absolutely zero complaints and are listed with Dunn & Bradstreet. Our license number is valid in California and we have even been contacted by staff at the FTC commending us on our legal ethical information which helps consumers avoid scams.
    I Hope I covered it.
    Kristi
    CarreonAndAssociates.com

Keith wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Kristi,

Please tell me about your company and how they help with credit reports. How can i be sure that your company is legitimate?