next card "fuzzy talk"

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mmagique, May 19, 2001.

1. mmagique

mmagique New Member

I need help, please. I clicked on a link for next card visa because of low-interest transfers. I applied for a card, not understanding that this was a secured card. Surprise! I was approved, and they promptly sent the card plus all the info I needed to see that this was, indeed, a secured card. I promptly cancelled because I do not need a secured card. I already have other (high interest rate) cards that are non-secured. Well, I received an e-mail tonight (Saturday at 8 pm) stating that I owe $60. balance on a card I never activated. What is my recourse? I have already sent them a strongly worded letter (e-mail) telling them that they need to remove the charge, or I will speak to the better business bureau, and anyone else I have to to resolve this. I gave them until Monday at 9 pm to respond. I do not expect them to respond but am determined to fight this nonsense. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!
    Christina

2. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I haven't had much luck in emailing NextCard, but I would call customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor about this.

I had a problem with my picture card, and after emailing several times spoke to a supervisor and got it replaced right away.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I would use a different means of communication.
    USPS certified, rrr. I velieve you can do that online now.

breeze