Next Card is now Prime and Sub

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Eboni, Oct 29, 2000.

1. Eboni

Eboni Guest

These are the cards that NextCard now offers.

NextCard Brand Products
    NextCard Plus Visa. Up to $20,000 in credit
    NextCard Standard Visa. Up to $5,000 in credit
    NextCard Horizon Visa. For those new to or wanting to improve their current credit
    NextCard Milestone Visa. For those who need to polish their credit
    NextCard Summit Visa. For those who need to build or reestablish credit

The Summit is a totally secured card. THe Horizon carries high interest and the Milestone is like a Capital 1 Secured $99 security deposit.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Ok Eboni! I just applied afte

Was turned down flat. They pulled experian and transunion. Experian is my best report. and Transunion is the one that citibank used. Another inquiry, oh well. I didnot really need the card. I was just curious to see what would happen. That God Citibank and Chase gave me a chance. Live and learn.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Ok Eboni! I just applied

That should be thank God Citi and Chase gave me a chance. See you in the Chat room

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Well, I've been following these Citibank posts and telling myself "No more cards...No more cards..."(repeat about 10 times). Managed to hold out until the NextCard post earlier. Applied for NextCard and was approved, but the best they could do was 6.99% intro for 3 months, final rate 16.49. Have to transfer $5K. Hmmm, Wells Fargo is the only one I can move right now, but that will COST me money. Decide to try Citibank, though I usually REFUSE to follow the crowd. Approved for Plat Select at $5K, but they MAY increase it if I transfer a balance. I think about it for a minute...Wells can go for 2.9, final rate's about the same (16.4).

Well guess what? I'm good for $12,500! Decided to throw in MBNA and a small check to myself while I'm at it...

What do I have to do to get DECLINED? Just kidding (almost!).

Now, a question. Since I never actually 'accepted' the NextCard card, do they consider it an abandoned app or will they still send me the Horizon card that I don't want?

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Like I said b4, THANK GOD CITI APPROVED ME . OH AND CHASE. I just dont have you like you high rollers.

6. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Nextcard Approved me and Citib

Nextcard approved me and Citibank turned me down. Citibank turning me down kind of hurt since I have a student loan with them I have paid on time for 2 years.
    Ohh Well this week I'm going to consolidate those Citibank loans with my US Dept of Education Loans. If Citibank doesn't think I'm good enough for a card, then they aren't good enough for my student loans.

I'm not sure if I will keep the Nextcard. Maybe I'll just keep it for an internet purchase only card.

I really am starting to believe there is no rhyme or reason to these credit card companies. A year ago when my credit was *better* Nextcard turned me down flat.

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

RE: Next Card is now Prime and

What - NO PLATINUM?