Next Card Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Jul 5, 2001.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOW THEY ARE RIPPING HER OFF $100 FOR A BALANCE TRANSFER FEE!!!!

9.99% FIXED...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    9.99% FOR 3 MONTHS THEN 18.99%
    FREE BALANCE TRANSFERS...NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    $100 FOR (2)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHAT IS NEXT??????
    CLOSE ACCOUNT FEE?????????

THEY STILL HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO HER LETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I THINK I MAY NOT WAIT FOR THE 3 MONTHS TO BALANCE TRANSFER IT AWAY!!!!!!!!

2. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

WOW, George, what did you do to make them mad?

Seriously, after reading your posts for the past few days, I called customer service today to see if they had raised MY rate...the rep said that I would get a letter stating the rate on cash advances had gone up, but I wouldn't use that service anyway. He said there was no indication that my purchase rate (12.99) was going up, but refused to lower the rate yet. I've only had the card 4 months. I have used the card a lot, made big payments, balance transfers (no fee on BTs, I checked again.) I
    DID get a check last month that I can use on the account at my PURCHASE rate. I applied for a CL increase again, will hear by Mon. on that.

I will keep the card until I can get a lower purchase rate on one of my other cards, but am prepared to ditch it if necessary! NextCard, I am WATCHING youuu!!!

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HER ACCOUNT...F.I.C.O. WAS 741 AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION...

18.99% IS WAY TOO HIGH FOR A 741 F.I.C.O. (ESPECIALLY SINCE IT SAYS 9.99% ON THE WEB SITE)!!!!!!!!!!

:(

THEY STILL HAVE NOT RESPONDED TO LETTER ASKING IF THEY REALLY EXPECTED HER TO ACCEPT AN INTEREST RATE OF 18.99%...

MINE IS WHAT IT IS ADVERTISED AT...9.99% FIXED & NO BALANCE TRANSFER FEES...

4. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I agree completely!!

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST E-MAILED THEM AGAIN ASKING IF THEY READ THE...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Balance Transfer Fee:
    No Balance Transfer Fee
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I DID READ IT!!!

JUST LIKE THE 9.99% FIXED...THEY WILL TELL ME (WIFE), I READ IT WRONG...

6. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

George,
    Thanks for posting that. I opened my NextCard acct in April, and did a BT to get a higher limit. The transaction posted on May 2, and they just added a $50 transaction fee this week (two months later). Thought maybe they were getting PO'd because I'm making very large payments trying to beat the 3-month promo deadline. Following your stories, I'm beginning to be afraid...

Jac