Next Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cathy, Mar 30, 2000.

1. Cathy

Cathy Well-Known Member

has anyone with bad credit been approved for a next card?

2. Lorrie

Lorrie Guest

I have very good credit and was declined!

3. Darrel

Darrel Guest

Don't waste an inquiry unless your files with both Experian and TransUnion are totally clean and have lengthy histories.

NextCard pulls both files. This is a card for people with very high credit scores and no negatives.

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Not true. I had one negative on each credit report (one reflect one bad account, the other reflect another bad account), but they were paid off (just deliquent, by about 5 1/2 years). I had good current credit accounts, though, and they approved in 30 seconds.

5. Darrel

Darrel Guest

Donna: You very well may have gotten the card, but this is DEFINITELY not a card for people with poor or borderline credit histories.

I stand by my response.

6. Barry

Barry Guest

Darrel,

I agree with you. We (CreditMania) get lots of feedback about NextCard, and they are currently very conservative in their approval process. When they were first offering their card about 15 months ago, they were like X.com...very loose with approvals.

If you were not able to get an ARIA (they offer instant approval, and are good test of credit worthiness) I would not even attempt the NextCard app. Just another inquiry. IMHO

Also I have noticed that NextCard is cutting back on its rewards. No more Double Rewards points.

Peace,

Barry
    http://www.creditmania.com

7. portercm

portercm Guest

Hi,
    I am not sure I follow... I have/had 6 credit cards that I voluntarily closed still owing a balance and when I apllied for this card with the balance transfer option I got it right away. I don't have bad credit reports or no pay reports but I have waaaaay too much credit. My car, a Gateway computer loan, a target card, 2 Cross Country Bank cards, a Bankfirst action card, a military credit card and a Sears card. My car is $421.98 a month with 23.9%APR (for 5 years)with $1000 down, my target card was 19.9%, CCB was 22.9%, Sears 22%, Military card was 13.5% and Bankfirst was 21%. This Nextcard I got was only 12.9% with a balance transfer credit limit of $4700. If people with excellent credit like Donna, right? Can't get this card how did I get one? I am not saying it is the best, but believe me this is the best of all the cards I have had, plus I even got an Aria Persona card too. And bad enough my husband has very p**s poor credit that he couldn't apply for gum if he wanted to. We share a checking account but most of the checks that go out to our bills with both of our names I sign and pay for not him. So I ask again how did I get this card especially since I am only 22 years.

8. cburns

cburns Guest

I was approved for NextCard at 9.9 interest with a 5500.00 credit limit oct 99.I have a chapter 7 bankrupcy in 94 so I was surprised when I was approved.

9. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

They are very strict with some. My husband got approved for a card Oct.99. His credit was about five months old at the time but he had a couple of my accounts on his credit as an authorized user, nothing negative at all, but they did approve him for a little credit line of $300.00, I didn't have no idea that they issued those type of credit lines and his interest rate was 12.9 for the first 3 months and now it's somethinh like 22%.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

well i had no crdit history whatsoever. I apllied for the next card, denied flat out. Then I apllied at Aria and got instant approval and a 5000 line of credit, since then I have gotten several good deals. I have a citibank and fidelity, at good interest rates. So then I reapllied at Next card, and guess what denied again. Also my husband applied at next card got denied then approved for Aria. So I can't really figure out that bank at all. I'm glad you got approved though:)

11. Darrel

Darrel Guest

I'm glad for the folks who got approved. NextCard does have tiered interest rates depending on qualifications. Please note I never said it was impossible to get approved.

What I'm trying to do here is to suggest to people with poor credit histories that NextCard lilley won't be their salvation.

Applying to them will result in inquiries with both TransUnion and Experian. If you're declined, all you'll have to show for your efforts are those inquiries.

This could further delay a person's bid the rebuild his or her credit.

12. portercm

portercm Guest

You never know maybe they are playing inny, meany minni moe to pick the people they give cards to. :) I am just glad I finally got one that would do a balance transfer for me, so instead of 6 cards I have 2 not including Nextcard. To bad I can't find a card to take care of my car payments. ;)