NextCard and Approval

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Frank, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Frank

Frank Guest

The credit analyzer says 5 years is considered old for a BK. How long after a BK does a consumer have to wait to be approved for NextCard?

I wrote to Next Card and was told by a consumer rep that he wasn't sure but they like to see a FICO above 650.

Any opinions? How hard is the card to get?

2. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

They checked TU and equifax on me. My fico on Eq. is 626 and my Worthknowing score on TU is 20. I was approved for Horizon Card but given upgrade to Platinum with a 6500. limit.

3. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Also I did not get the 2.9 teaser rate. I got 6.9.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: Eddie

My Chap 7 Bk was discharged 26 months ago. I have substantially rebuilt credit since them. If you don't mind I'd like to ask a few questions as $3,000 is the most I have been granted as a limit on a visa card since I started rebuilding credit.

How long ago was your discharge?

Is the 6.9% apr. temporary? What does it convert to?

Were the TU and EQ inquiries both hard?

Thanks

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: To: Eddie

Frank,
    They approved me a Nextcard Visa with the credit limit $1000 and I had four charge-off accounts in TU and Experian reports three years ago. They pulled both credit reports from TransUnion and Experian.

Ron.

6. Okie

Okie Guest

Just be careful here. I have a 662 equifax fico and similar credit on trans union. I don't know for sure who they pulled from but I was denied!

7. Katco

Katco Well-Known Member

I have a699 Equifax and no BK, or anything negative EXCEPT Balance to Limit is high..and I was denied Next Card.

8. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

The 6.9 is for 90 days. I balance transferred 3k off of providian gold premier which had a cl of 7500. Thats about all I owed beside house and car. All negs on bureaus are 5 and 6 year old charge offs. Next card called me yesterday to verify some info and confirm bts. After 90 days rate will be 15.9. Which is bettewr than the 18.9 I had with Providian.