nextcard are jerks

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Russ, Mar 13, 2001.

1. Russ

Russ Guest

dont bother with these unorganized pathetic bozos. they keep calling me even after i just got off the phone with them over a 1000 debt im trying to work out with them. its like they dont tell each other that they spoke to me! they suck and i strongly urge folks to stay away from them! just my opinion is all!!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH NEXT CARD EXCEPT...they don't like credit balances...insisted they refund over payment before I could do any balance transfers...

:)

3. rob

rob Guest

I bet you liked them when you were maxing the card out! Now you hate them when you default.

4. Russ

Russ Guest

hey Rob.........who asked you turkey? Situation has nothing to do with how i used my card...i was a faithful customer until i fell on some hard times. they use loanshark tactics and lies that somethings wrong with your dad to get you on the phone!! they are pests and jerky like you!

5. rob

rob Guest

If they used the tactics that you say they used, then sue them.

6. Russ

Russ Guest

i may if they keep harassing me! I offered them what i could afford and they insisted on an amount out of my reach. good luck to all who use this backstreet guilt trip serving corp. this is a prime card? man i feel as though i owe vinnie and tiny 100.000 and there coming for me with ballbats! hehe

7. Russ

Russ Guest

is nextcard going to give me the concrete shoes or what here? hehehehehe.......its only money folks and Im told that in todays age and day creditors cannot harass you. What irks me is Im not evading them I offer what I can and they want the number to my bank account so they can drain me of what little I have to live on. very sneeky shady folks here! HMMMMM

8. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Russ,

It is not NextCard as a company, it is the collections personnel you are dealing with. As a former collector, I can tell you that most are paid on a commission or bonus above salary basis for meeting a certain collection goal.

The more they can convince you to send them NOW the bigger their paycheck will be when they are paid. Although there are many honest, concerned, and empathetic people who do collections, by and large this is the exception rather than the norm.

They bank on the fact that you do not know your rights as a consumer and they are trained to pick up on keys in the conversation and use them to manipulate you psychologically to "guilt" you into a full payment.

Pay what you can and catch up as soon as possible. You have several options. When they call, tell them to hold on just a second as you will not speak to them until you turn on your recorder to record the conversation....most will hang up immediately. When they begin to be nasty to you on the phone hang up, they may call back but simply hang up without warning each time they treat you with disrespect. They have a goal to meet and will move on to the next victim.

Make a note of each time they call on a notepad and insist on the name of the person you speak to. Arm yourself in case you need to file a formal written complaint with the authorities.

Bottom line is....you pay the telephone bill for your phone, you don't have to speak with anyone you don't care to.

9. Russ

Russ Guest

hal... thank you sir...I understand what you mean and appreciate your input. your VERY right about the psychological manipulation. I am heeding your advice and its the realest I've heard so far. thanks again I appreciate that..good nite all!!

10. rob

rob Guest

nite-y night RUSS

11. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Russ, whatever you do, DO NOT give them access to your checking account. Collectors have been known to take advantage of that and take out a larger amount than authorized, as well as deduct more payments. They can wait the *3* days it will take to mail in the darn payment.

12. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Russ,
    Actually i've had no problem with nextcard. Good apr, nice credit line, and good customer service. I'm sorry to hear your having problems with nextcard Russ. What your telling us I would expect from First Premier (Future Card) or Crooks Country.

Sean

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I had Nextcard for over two years and I had no problem so far. They give me 9.9% APR and $9800 credit limit. By the way, I don't owe more than $20 because there is no rewards of any kind.

14. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Ron--

how often do you get credit line increases with them and did you have to ask?

Thanks

15. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I don't know about nextcard, but just about every company who you are delinquent with a large amount of money are jerks :)

Either pay them or tell them to F*** off. It's quite simple, they will leave you alone if you get down and dirty. I've been collected upon by many people, and ive honestly not noted much a difference between prime and subprime collectors.

:)

16. Russ

Russ Guest

thanks again everybody Dave.never received anything from them but a apr decrease from 24.9 to16.9 after 1 yr of payments and begging!

17. Cal

Cal Guest

Get a clue!!!!!!!

Your the one defaulting on the loan, and their the pathetic unorganized bozos? If you were organized you would be paying the bill - instead your sitting on your can collecting welfare - get a job loser!!!!!!!!!!

ps. you suck!!

Cal

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Get a clue!!!!!!!

Yes, I have and they give me a creit line increase roughly 6 months to a year. Last time I asked them to increase my limit and they applrove me $9800 before Christmas last year. I increase credit limit because the amount of the credit limit make it look better in my credit report. I had a couple of the other cards give me reward bonus and higher credit limits. I rarely used NextCard and just use once a month. Keep the account active. Honestly I don't need 9.9 APR and I don't have anything to owe.

19. Russ

Russ Guest

cal !

exscuse me Cal.do you know me and my finacial affairs? I like how angry you get over nothing and someone you dont know!! See im a psychology major and hardly on welfare you schmuck!! if you saw me you would not say jack to my face you gutless turd!!

20. mj

mj Well-Known Member

CHILL!!! (shesh!)

Folks, can't we be civil??

Russ- "whatever" - nobody really has the right to judge you here. BUT ... don't complain and call a company names - a company that many of us have good dealings and experiences with. It doesn't help that you're getting uppity and throwing insults back.

You defaulted, and they're collecting. Life goes on. They use the same people (First Data) that many (MANY) other banks use for initial collections (as well as billing support, transaction processing, etc.). Normal collections procedures are to get as much, as quickly, as possible. SOmething about blood and a turnip.

If they're harrassing - nail 'em. BUT try to get back on track. Work out a budget and try to talk to someone NOT on commission (supervisor, manager, etc.) and present your plan. Stick to the plan. You may get late fees wiped off and interest lowered if you show that you want to work with them. If you really play your cards right and come across as someone who is intelligent and business-minded, you may even get them to remove negative history from what they report to the CRAs (I've seen it done).

From what you posted about your initial APR (24%), it sounds like you were NOT approved for a prime card, but rather a Horizon (sub-prime) card. Was your credit blemished when you got NextCard? If so, they may take a harder-line and do it earlier on your type of account than they do with their prime portfolio. That's standard practice with all "full-spectrum" issuers.

Good luck-
    mj